100% Gpu usage on Every game

imhp94

Reputable
May 27, 2017
Hello

So i realized today that my pc is using 100% gpu on every single game that i have, from 2d types of games with extremely low graphics to heavy games like pubg while my Cpu is hovering around 20 to 40%

my gpu temp goes from 40 c when not playing to around 75 c on 100% load after like 1 hour

is this normal and should i be worried about anything ? is it normal that it happenes on everygame ?

i have a 1070 with the latest drivers and i7700k and using a windows 10
i run the games from ssd card if it is important to know

thanks in advanced for your time

Solution
when you are on desktop (idle) is your use higher then 5%? if it is (like 60-70-90%) then you might have a miner, if not you are ok. IN games it is normal to be in 100%, this is the best thing you would want, your gpu to work at 100%.

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
as dragos mentioned it might be a miner, check your usage in desktop. Another thing, is your monitor 60Hz? If it is then you can use v-sync to cap your fps at 60( the maximum number your display can show you) and make your gpu work less this way.

imhp94

Reputable
May 27, 2017

Hi
no the gpu is at 0 when on desktop and not using any apps and 1-2% with chrome and such
thank you

If he doesnt have any tearing i dont see why he should use v-sync, 75C is a very good temp, and having as many frames as possible reduces the latency, v-sync adds a huge latency in some games, witcher 3 is ok with v-sync but rise of the tomb raider is not, this is just an example.

TRENDING THREADS