7970 Crossfire Issues

SeraphxWings

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I have a 7970 crossfire setup but when i go into ccc there's no crossfire enable option. I have checked GPU-Z both are at pcie x 16 @ x8 and xfire bridge is tight. drivers are up to date. power supply is good. both show up in Gpu-z, Device manager, and ccc. but can't enable crossfire?
specs:
i7-6700k
2x 7970 3gb
1tb hdd seagate
evga 850 gold psu
Gigabyte z170 ultra gaming mobo
8gb hyper x

Solution
Did you try this? https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/How-to-Configure-AMD-CrossFire-Using-AMD-Radeon-Settings.aspx

From your manual:
C. Configuring the Graphics Card Driver
C-1. To Enable CrossFire Function
After installing the graphics card driver in the operating system, go to the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Browse to Performance\AMD CrossFireX™ and ensure the Enable AMD CrossFireX check box is selected.
Procedure and driver screen for enabling CrossFire/SLI technology may differ by graphics cards and driver
version. Refer to the manual that came with your graphics cards for more information about enabling CrossFire/
SLI technology.
C-2. To Enable SLI Function
After installing the graphics card driver in the operating...
Did you try this? https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/How-to-Configure-AMD-CrossFire-Using-AMD-Radeon-Settings.aspx

From your manual:
C. Configuring the Graphics Card Driver
C-1. To Enable CrossFire Function
After installing the graphics card driver in the operating system, go to the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Browse to Performance\AMD CrossFireX™ and ensure the Enable AMD CrossFireX check box is selected.
Procedure and driver screen for enabling CrossFire/SLI technology may differ by graphics cards and driver
version. Refer to the manual that came with your graphics cards for more information about enabling CrossFire/
SLI technology.
C-2. To Enable SLI Function
After installing the graphics card driver in the operating system, go to the NVIDIA Control Panel. Browse to the
Configure SLI, Surround, Physx screen and ensure Maximize 3D performance is enabled

Solution