Hd 6850 need 2 6pin and my 550w psu dont have 6 pin

Feb 20, 2018
Hy :)
So today i got a HD radeon 6850 (sapphire) without i notice that it have 6 pins ports while my 550w psu dont have 6pin at all and only 2 molex so now i dont know what to do and dont have money to buy a new psu/pc
While i do have 2 old psu one is a 145w dell and the other asis lp-200 y (dont know how much watts does it offer)
Si m'y question is will the GPU work if i use only one 6pin by using a 2 molex to 6pin adapter and is there a way to use the old psu ?? Thanks :) (sry for my bad english)

Lutfij

Titan
1| Dodgy PSU's are always the main reason why some or all your components go out like fireworks.
2| If your PSU doesn't have the necessary connectors, you shouldn't be running it in the first place.
3| I wouldn't recommend using a Molex to PCI-e connector adapter since your PSU can't deliver the necessary power for the entire system. Seeing the PSU's you've listed(Dell+Asis). FYI - the Asis LP-200 via Google search turns up with a GPU, are you trolling us?
4| Speaking of PSU's you state having a 550W PSU, what's the make and model of the unit and how old is it?

We would benefit from knowing your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

4745454b

Titan
You have a "550W PSU that doesn't have any 6pin plugs? Do you know how odd that sounds? My very old 500W had two. My current 450W has two 6+2pin plugs. Are you sure your PSU doesn't have them? I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to not use the card until you get a proper PSU. It won't run on a single 6pin anyways. You also don't have a 550W PSU.

Edit: Do you by any chance have those 6+2 plugs? What model PSU you have would be very helpful.

Feb 20, 2018

No am 100% i dont have a 6 or 6+2 pins the psu is called atx 550w (scoop)
CPU i3 3220
MB GA-H61H-S2PT
RAM 8gb ddr3 (1 is 1333 ND the other is 1600
Hdd 250 GB
I guess i need to get a new psu or change the GPU to a 1 6pin done :/ thnks guys