760 sli vs 1050 ti?

Solution
You wont see much of a performance gain with a 1050ti over a 760, and with SLI it will be debatable since SLI optimization if extremely game dependant. Alot of games run worse in SLI.

You would be better off trying to find a used 970 or 980 to upgrade to.

kiemoneiro

Great
Feb 15, 2018
I think 1050ti would be a better choice. Lower power consumpiton, support newer technologies but the 760 in SLI should give you better performance. The question is, is it worth it?

You wont see much of a performance gain with a 1050ti over a 760, and with SLI it will be debatable since SLI optimization if extremely game dependant. Alot of games run worse in SLI.

You would be better off trying to find a used 970 or 980 to upgrade to.

Solution

1060 6GB.

The dual 760's will be better than the 1050 Ti so the 760's is my choice for most games
That would only be my choice if they were my only two choices. The issue is the VRAM and support. When you stack cards like that the VRAM doesn't double so the 1050 Ti would be better because it has 2GB more VRAM which means better performance at higher resolutions and some settings like AA benefit from more VRAM. SLI will only work with some games. Other games won't benefit at all so there is a little money wasted.

Considering the VRAM and spotty SLI support I can only suggest the 1060. The performance boost really isn't worth it as an upgrade if you choose the 1050 Ti. Unfortunately with prices being inflated due to cryptomining value has left the building so it's not so clear. Still if I am going to upgrade I want to KNOW I upgraded so the boost needs to be significant. If I am over-paying for a card as well it certainly better be a big boost.

I agree that a GTX 970 at about $200-230 is another good option. If you purchase one and it dies in a day or a year you're out $200+. If you purchase a new card you are usually protected for 3 years. Unfortunately prices are nearly doubled(or more) for higher end card so the solution is a murky one imo.

A single GTX760 is roughly 75 to 80% as powerful as a GTX1050Ti for most games ignoring the VRAM limit of 2GB.

SLI (specifically Alternate Frame Rendering) can usually more than make up the difference though it may add STUTTER that makes the game feel less fluid.

So my advice would depend on specifically what your options are.

1) 2nd GTX760 if cheap may give you up to 30 or 40% higher FPS than single GTX1050Ti so may be good value if big price difference.

2) but since many games don't have SLI support or may not have smooth support the GTX1050Ti due that and the higher VRAM amount would be my recommendation if MONEY is taken out of the choice.

so...
Similar price then GTX1050Ti, but dirt-cheap 2xGTX760 solution sure go with that as a holdover until prices drop and you can get a GTX1060 6GB or better for $250USD+.