i7 1366 mobo broke, cant find a new one

Feb 23, 2018
i have a i7 960 cpu in a saberthoothx58 with 6x corsair 2bg ram and a r7 270x with some ssd`s.
sad thing happened after 9 years of pretty much 24/7 service in 25-30C temps my mobo broke.
i had a few bsod and the previous complication of the pc not continuing to boot but turning off after 1 sec returned (it has been a few months that i had no issues from the last time this occurred)

sadly this type of socket went out of production in 2012.
is there any place i could get a new mobo with this socket type, i really dont like the idea of refurbished.

buying new is just silly, for the same money that i paid for this mobo/cpu i would only get half the performance looking at the intel line

i really could use some suggestions

D

Deleted member 217926

for the same money that i paid for this mobo/cpu i would only get half the performance

I understand you not wanting to upgrade but that's completely wrong. Any current gen i3 will demolish that old i7. An i5 8400 ( $189 - 6 core/6 thread ) would make that old i7 look like an Atom netbook processor. DDR4 isn't cheap though.

As you're aware those boards have been out of production for years. And the LGA 1366 socket wasn't around very long making them rare today. Ebay is about your only option.

4745454b

Titan
Tom's did an article 4-6mo ago that showed how the 6100 (I think) compared to the i7 2600. In gaming the 6100 killed the 2600 90% of the time, and in CPU heavy tasks it was 50/50. The 6100 is cheap, and only has the two real cores. Your 960 is even older, so it's even slower than the 2600. CPUs upgrade quickly. As mentioned above, don't discount the idea of a new build. It can be costly right now due to the ram shortage but in the end you'll end up with something faster.