i5 3570 and gtx 1050 ti fps

Feb 24, 2018
Hi im having some fps drops with games and i dont know what to do, i've made sure it wasn't my power supply, it was a 350 watt now its a 650 watt lol. Its not temps and not malware. Geforce says i can have games like gta v on high settings but i have it on normal and im getting crazy low fps and stutters

Solution
Since this revolves around GTA V...
The problem likely comes down to a combination of your cpu and ram. I bet you have 8GBs, right? This game can use more than that, as well as being a cpu hog - it's sweating bullets trying to run it.
Geforce may say you can game GTA V on high, but what it didn't tell you is that game doesn't have much of an appetite for gpu resources unless you're playing on a 4k monitor or higher. This is also assuming you properly installed drivers, but again, I'm sure the issue is caused by the 2 I mentioned above.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Since this revolves around GTA V...
The problem likely comes down to a combination of your cpu and ram. I bet you have 8GBs, right? This game can use more than that, as well as being a cpu hog - it's sweating bullets trying to run it.
Geforce may say you can game GTA V on high, but what it didn't tell you is that game doesn't have much of an appetite for gpu resources unless you're playing on a 4k monitor or higher. This is also assuming you properly installed drivers, but again, I'm sure the issue is caused by the 2 I mentioned above.

Solution
Also the CPU is probably right on the border of what they require. You may be getting a slight CPU bottleneck when you turn down settings since the GPU may basically be passing data faster than the CPU can handle it. Like the guy above said, you could try to add a bit more ram and see if that helps, but you are getting where you'll want to consider upgrading to a newer platform at some point in the next couple of years or so.