Power Supply – Antec HCG-520M 520W High Current Gamer Modular Power Supply
CPU – Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphics Card – MSI RX 480 4GB
Motherboard – MSI Z170A Gaming M3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
Ram / Memory – Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz Vengeance LPX Red Memory
Hard Drive / SSD – Samsung 750 EVO 250GB SSD
Wi-Fi Adaptor – ASUS PCE-AC56 Dual-band Wireless-AC1300 PCI-E Adapter
CPU Cooler – Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 Red CPU Cooler

I have a serious problem with the performance of the rx 480. I have tried squad, six siege and wildlands on all different settings.

Tried even from low settings 720 up to high settings 2k (i have 2k monitor) and getting sub 60 on all settings. Even in squad I have 25-30fps in all from low to high 2k.

Tried overcloaking cpu didnt help as I dont think the cpu is the bottleneck here. Have removed all drivers and reinstalled with the latest one still no hope. Have reformat everything to the bone with only these 3 games installed for now and nothing else.

Current drivers 18.3.1 AMD
And have used ddu before to remove everything.

Lend me a little help lads !
Thank you

Solution
High CPU usage shouldn't be an issue in and of itself (some i5s are beginning to show their age in some games). The GPU usage dropping sounds more suspect.

In addition to what hang-the-9 suggested to check comparative performance, use MSI Afterburner to monitor other component usage during gameplay to see if it can provide more insight to how the system is behaving. CPU frequency, usage and temperature; GPU frequency, usage and temperature; RAM frequency and usage; fps and frame times; and page file.

Look specifically to see what happens when GPU usage drops, or post a screenshot so others may be able to assist.

honluke0

Upstanding
Mar 3, 2018
Check if dust is building up,Also see your Thermal margin.Even though you should be getting decent framerates,It's a strange problem.Do those steps
If the thermal margin is below 5c,Report to me.

Mar 6, 2018
Alright still no answer or solution yet. This pc is fairly new and clean, no dust at all and the cable management is very neat. Checked cpu temp and is fairly low, however i found something peculiar. There is a constant drop frop 100% to 0% of gpu usage while all the 4 cores i5 cpu are on staggering 90%++. So i suspect this might be the cause of the issue?

Mar 6, 2018
Alright changed to my old gtx 970 and still having the issue. Seems like rx 480 is not the issue here.
Cpu peaking on 90-100% usage during game with temps below 40° while gpu running from 50-60° with 100% - 0% gpu usafe drop. What to do boys

High CPU usage shouldn't be an issue in and of itself (some i5s are beginning to show their age in some games). The GPU usage dropping sounds more suspect.

In addition to what hang-the-9 suggested to check comparative performance, use MSI Afterburner to monitor other component usage during gameplay to see if it can provide more insight to how the system is behaving. CPU frequency, usage and temperature; GPU frequency, usage and temperature; RAM frequency and usage; fps and frame times; and page file.

Look specifically to see what happens when GPU usage drops, or post a screenshot so others may be able to assist.

Solution