Gt 1030 on Overclocked core2duo e7500

Mar 7, 2018
Greetings
I have an old pc that usually I use for mmo's. Here the spec:
-Core2duo e7500 2.93ghz
-4gb ddr2 800
-gt 730 ddr3 2gb(its fermi i think)
I know it's garbage
Recently I start to learn and tried overclocking it and stable at 3.6ghz (still going to oc it) .I read on other page that c2d e7500 will bottleneck even an gt1030. But i oc it right?. Will it still not up for the gpu yet?. I'm not planning to build new pc until next year . Thanks before

Solution
Bottleneck just means the weakest link. Every system, even the most powerful, has a bottleneck. The 1030 will be a big jump from the 730 you currently have. I would not worry about your CPU holding back a 1030 too much as it is a budget GPU. Overclocking the CPU will help some, but you cant expect miracles. Overclocking a CPU may give you a 5-10% bump in some titles. In others it may do nothing at all. You may want to get 4gb more or RAM though.
Bottleneck just means the weakest link. Every system, even the most powerful, has a bottleneck. The 1030 will be a big jump from the 730 you currently have. I would not worry about your CPU holding back a 1030 too much as it is a budget GPU. Overclocking the CPU will help some, but you cant expect miracles. Overclocking a CPU may give you a 5-10% bump in some titles. In others it may do nothing at all. You may want to get 4gb more or RAM though.

Solution