Is the i5 3570 Still worth in 2018?

Solution
It depends. If you already have a 1150 motherboard, it is a viable upgrade. But it is hard to recommend buying into an 1150 socket considering you would need to replace the motherboard or find a Sandy Bridge i7 to upgrade further (in the future).

However the i5 3570 is a solid CPU and that is a pretty decent price for the combo. An i5 6500 w/h motherboard would be roughly comparable but would set you back $250+. I have an i5 4690 and it has no problems with current gen games. As long as you keep in mind the difficulty of upgrading in the future, you should go for it.

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
It depends. If you already have a 1150 motherboard, it is a viable upgrade. But it is hard to recommend buying into an 1150 socket considering you would need to replace the motherboard or find a Sandy Bridge i7 to upgrade further (in the future).

However the i5 3570 is a solid CPU and that is a pretty decent price for the combo. An i5 6500 w/h motherboard would be roughly comparable but would set you back $250+. I have an i5 4690 and it has no problems with current gen games. As long as you keep in mind the difficulty of upgrading in the future, you should go for it.

Solution
For that price it's a great buy. It's going to be hard to make a good comparison to a CPU you can buy today but an R3 1200 is a fair comparison. That means assuming you have a decent GPU you will have more than enough CPU power for all but the most demanding games. Really the only issue is the fact that you won't be able to recycle the RAM for a new system going forward, but meh. DDR3 RAM is rather cheap now, so get 16 or 32GB of decent RAM and it will be fine.

No it isn't. You would be buying into an obsolete platform without room for growth. A Ryzen 1200 is just a starting point. There are more than a few paths to upgrade after the 1200. That means I wouldn't buy that combo for $100 or $50.

The next issue is that it is missing a K. Sandy and Ivy both need a significant OC to enter today's arena. That processor lacks the OC potential which makes it even less desirable.

aquivery.rez

Reputable
Nov 26, 2017
i have 16 gb of ram and i have a 1050ti and they said i can get the combo for $90 now im on a budget and in my country the ryzen with a mobo and ram cost me about $150 and thats with a b350 mobo and 8gb of ram