I5 650 gtx 1050 ti

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Hello guys so i want to ask some question , i have i5 650 and 8 gb ram and i want to get gtx 1050 ti , the question is , can i run metal gear solid 5 or rise of the tomb raider or gta 5 on ultra at 50 fps ? I know the cpu is poor but u know gtx 1050 ti cant handle ultra games like new games and etc but is the cpu really matter on my gtx 1050 ti with games .? For exqmple , if i had like cpu i5 650 comparison on i5 6600 is it a big difference on fps? Thanks all

Solution
As I said, updating the BIOS is very chip specific. If you look at the CPU Support List I linked, there are six different versions of the Intel Core I7-860 and which version is required depends on the PCB the chip is installed on. However, if you just install BIOS version 0027, you should be good to go with whatever version you get.

-Wolf sends

Edit: BIOS Download Page

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

yes huge, the i5 650 is only a dual core and the i5 6600 is a lot newer and has 4 cores

if you are buying new, get an i3 8100 though

at 1080p you are looking at medium settings to get playable fps, and even then you will get drops because of your current cpu

in order to properly use the 1050 you need an i5 760 or i7 860 ( if you want to keep your current mobo )

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the reply guys will my friend had the same performance , and he plays gta 5 on ultra at 40 fps max on i5 650 and metal gear solid 5 on ultra at 42 fps it means its good not bad right?

Wolfshadw

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bboy.hh : "Hey guys gtx 1050 ti"

Of course, first check to make sure your motherboard actually supports these processors by checking the CPU Support List, but the current price range I'm finding for used Intel Core I7-870 processors seems to be between around $55 and $85 on EBay.

-Wolf sends

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=socket+1156+processor&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

MERGED QUESTION
Question from bboy.hh : "Gtx 1050 ti"

You need a stronger cpu for to get the most out of that gpu. I had an i5 2400 with a 1050ti and I could get close that 50 fps in bf1 but it would max out the cpu and cause micro stuttering. Theres good deals on ebay for under 200 bucks you could easily get a i7 3770 for example. Stay away from small form factors

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bboy.hh : "I5 650 upgrade"

You need to tell us the exact model of the motherboard

Wolfshadw

Titan
As I said, updating the BIOS is very chip specific. If you look at the CPU Support List I linked, there are six different versions of the Intel Core I7-860 and which version is required depends on the PCB the chip is installed on. However, if you just install BIOS version 0027, you should be good to go with whatever version you get.

-Wolf sends

Edit: BIOS Download Page

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bboy.hh : "Hey guys i have i5 650"

It fits the same socket as your 650.
Your best bet is in the used market, as sadly, some of them are STILL being sold at the original price(~$250-$310)!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002KQ5KE8/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
There's some here for reference, it doesn't have to be from this site.