i5 3570 + GTX 1050 ti vs Ryzen 5 2400g?

Solution

if you are going to sell your current combo just to get the 2400g and buy DDR4 then I would say it's not worth it. you'll lose performance. your current setup is fine as is and you should just save up some money and then sell your CPU with the mobo and ram as a combo and keep the GPU then buy the combo I provided you.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
If you have 3000+my ram and overclock the 2400g you can achieve play ale frame rates. But in my opinion the 1050ti is best because it'll definitely handle medium at more than 60fps. It handles wildlands at about 60fps on high when overclocked so it's good. However, it's possible to run into a bottleneck on the 3570. You should try to get an overclockavle Intel cpu with z series mobo. Perhaps second hand through places like Craigslist, offerup and letgo

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
assuming you already have all of the necessary hardware for the 3570 then go with the 3570. if you are looking at an already built system and it comes with the 1050ti or you plan on buying one to add into said system then go for it. we don't know your hardware situation so we can't help you out beyond just telling you that the 3570 coupled with a 1050ti is the best option in terms of comparing that to the 2400g. knowing what your hardware situation is along with budget and where you are looking to get these parts from can help us help you possibly get even better options for hardware upgrades or building a new system (not sure which one you are going for) for the right price.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

ok. what's your budget? For starters this is the cheapest I would recommend if you are going to be leaving your 3570 behind for an upgrade. However, your CPU is still capable and as long as you have 16GB of RAM already then you are fine. You're biggest bottleneck is going to be your GPU in terms of performance at higher graphic settings in newer titles. but you're 1050 ti should be more than enough for good gaming. My 1050ti when overclocked to 1950+mhz does 45-60fps depending on the game with medium/high graphics mix in 1080p

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $379.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-18 02:56 EDT-0400

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

if you are going to sell your current combo just to get the 2400g and buy DDR4 then I would say it's not worth it. you'll lose performance. your current setup is fine as is and you should just save up some money and then sell your CPU with the mobo and ram as a combo and keep the GPU then buy the combo I provided you.

Solution