gt 1030 mobo compatibility

ahmedjomaa001

Proper
Feb 26, 2018
is gt 1030 compatible with any mobo that has 1 x PCI Express x16 Slot slot ?
or there are some mobos can t support this gpu !!!

Solution

While I have no experience with HP systems, I think that being an OEM system similar to Dell, it might have issues with the newer card - especially since your HP is a somewhat older system, Sandy-Bridge based. My old Dell with Sandy Bridge CPU would not work with an R9 285, for example.

If your HP has a BIOS update available, you might try that. It may help, it may not.

For whatever motherboard you plan to order, it might be best to check with the manufacturer to see if they say it will work with the GT 1030, just to be absolutely sure.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also, if this is an OEM system such as Dell, etc., then they are sometimes really fussy about supporting newer video cards. But if you're using a standard type of motherboard such as from Gigabyte, MSI, etc., then you've got nothing to worry about.

ahmedjomaa001

Proper
Feb 26, 2018

aaa ok tnx bro
yes cause my mobo is down i need to change it i have q8400 cpu but i am not sure that the new mobo can support that gpu
cause i test it in hp pc 3400mt and it can t support it !!!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

While I have no experience with HP systems, I think that being an OEM system similar to Dell, it might have issues with the newer card - especially since your HP is a somewhat older system, Sandy-Bridge based. My old Dell with Sandy Bridge CPU would not work with an R9 285, for example.

If your HP has a BIOS update available, you might try that. It may help, it may not.

For whatever motherboard you plan to order, it might be best to check with the manufacturer to see if they say it will work with the GT 1030, just to be absolutely sure.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS