Gt 1030 not working

Mar 26, 2018
Recently I bought a new gt1030.
When i install it in my sistem (acer veriton m460), my monitor says: no signal. My monitor has a vga input, and the gt1030 has a dvi-d dual link output port, so i bought a dvi-d to vga active converter/adapter, so i plugged it in and still has no signal. Now i'm trying to use the vga output onto the motherboard with the 1030 installed. I also heard that after the POST beep, i can hear another two fast beeps.
Please help me
(sorry for my bad english, but i'm from italy and i'm 15)

Solution
If you still cannot get detection after that then it may be because the motherboard's BIOS and the video card's BIOS do not work together. This is an issue when you install a GTX 700, 900, or 1000 series card on an OEM older machine. The motherboard they used in it was never designed to accommodate new aged cards with their larger vBIOS. If a BIOS update doesn't work then your PC will not support this card even if it has a PCIe slot for it. If that is the case I would either return the card or build/buy a new machine that supports the card.

I cannot find any benchmarks of anyone getting an Acer Veriton M460 working with a 10 series nVIDIA card.

1 beep and 2 short beeps generally means the PC is having an issue with the graphics card...

jr9

Estimable
If you still cannot get detection after that then it may be because the motherboard's BIOS and the video card's BIOS do not work together. This is an issue when you install a GTX 700, 900, or 1000 series card on an OEM older machine. The motherboard they used in it was never designed to accommodate new aged cards with their larger vBIOS. If a BIOS update doesn't work then your PC will not support this card even if it has a PCIe slot for it. If that is the case I would either return the card or build/buy a new machine that supports the card.

I cannot find any benchmarks of anyone getting an Acer Veriton M460 working with a 10 series nVIDIA card.

1 beep and 2 short beeps generally means the PC is having an issue with the graphics card.

Make sure the card is fully seated and the slot is free of dust.

Solution