RX 580 running high temperatures

bestanime

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Hi, all I'm having problems with my graphics card running too hot and I can't seem to find the right formula to fix it first il list my specs and GPU:
CPU: Ryzen 1600x
GPU: XFX 580 GTS BLACK EDITION
RAM:8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
MOBO: B350 Prime plus

well as I said I'm running high temperatures on average my temperatures are in the 60's to 70's while the max iv seen (more than once) being 80 or 85 now iv tried turning up the fan speed but sometimes I still see temperatures reaching up to 80 my fans speed minimum being 2000 rpm and target being 3198 should I just put the target fan speed to max or should I do something else?

Thanks for reading!

Solution
I would ignore Wattman fan settings and use Afterburner to build a custom fan curve profile, something you can't do with Wattman. Let it hit 100% fan speed for temps above 70 and you will never hit anything above 75 C. Efficiency is depended on your case overall flow though
I would ignore Wattman fan settings and use Afterburner to build a custom fan curve profile, something you can't do with Wattman. Let it hit 100% fan speed for temps above 70 and you will never hit anything above 75 C. Efficiency is depended on your case overall flow though

Solution
That does seem like unusually hot idle and load temperatures so how are your case temperatures?
index.php
BTW I don't think much of high idle GPU temperatures--my HD4870s have been idling at 72C for 10 years now with no problems.

Back then, you could flash a custom fan curve right into the vBIOS and I did, but eventually set it back to the way it was because the fan became audible above 24% or 1100rpm. So no worries for the GPU, but if your case temperatures are out of control it will for sure affect the lifespan of everything else in the case.