FX 8300 Overheating

Mar 30, 2018
Hello people, i have problem with mine FX 8300. I recently removed my stock fan and mounted Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 , aplied MX4 paste (dot way). Not helped, im hiting over 60 degree when playing games.. Anyone can help ?

Solution
At this point, I don’t see an obvious solution. I’ve got 2 thoughts in my head. Neither may be helpful.

1. Your motherboard is tiny and how it sits in the case has the video card hindering the air flow. This is most likely NOT your problem. But it’s not an ideal set-up airflow wise.

2. That’s a massive CPU cooler. If it’s not seated perfectly and with ideal thermal paste applied, it’s weight alone will make it want to pull/sag of of your cpu. Solution? Get the best thermal paste you can. Clean up the cpu and cooler very well. Check out a tutorial on how to apply it (think Tom’s has one. Reapply paste, and double, triple check that the cooler is on there 100% as bestyou can.

If that’s doesn’t work. Go back to the stock cpu cooler...
Mar 30, 2018
So i got cpu cooler, 2 coolers front which move air in case, 1 in middle which keep air going :D then come CPU cooler which blowe air to front 120mm one for exhaust.

Mar 30, 2018

vonbose

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
At this point, I don’t see an obvious solution. I’ve got 2 thoughts in my head. Neither may be helpful.

1. Your motherboard is tiny and how it sits in the case has the video card hindering the air flow. This is most likely NOT your problem. But it’s not an ideal set-up airflow wise.

2. That’s a massive CPU cooler. If it’s not seated perfectly and with ideal thermal paste applied, it’s weight alone will make it want to pull/sag of of your cpu. Solution? Get the best thermal paste you can. Clean up the cpu and cooler very well. Check out a tutorial on how to apply it (think Tom’s has one. Reapply paste, and double, triple check that the cooler is on there 100% as bestyou can.

If that’s doesn’t work. Go back to the stock cpu cooler. Sell the other one on CL or something and try to convince yourself that any advantage you thought you might gain with a better cpu cooler was all in your head. Good luck!

Solution