i7-8700, MCE enabled, which cooler?

Mar 5, 2018
So from what I've seen on forums, MCE on Coffee Lake is making CPU much much hotter than OC-ing... However, I am not looking at K version of i7-8700.
I have seen one guy complaining that Hyper 212 EVO is not enough if you have MCE(multicore enhancement) enabled on i7-8700, for example playing BF1 on 1440p 144HZ, he was getting i7-8700 to hit 90°C. When he disabled MCE, he was getting under 70°C.
I am wondering because I am going to get i7-8700(non K), will Noctua NH-U12S be enough to handle this CPU, with MCE enabled, under 70°C?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It ALL depends on the motherboard and how much voltage the motherboard is supplying to the motherboard.

If you want to insure it MCE works fine on all motherboards, get a beefy cooler like the CRYORIG R1 Ultimate or an AIO like the H100i V2.

When you get your system built, make sure to run a system stability test for around 4 hours to make sure MCE is stable since MCE is just another auto overclocking function.
It ALL depends on the motherboard and how much voltage the motherboard is supplying to the motherboard.

If you want to insure it MCE works fine on all motherboards, get a beefy cooler like the CRYORIG R1 Ultimate or an AIO like the H100i V2.

When you get your system built, make sure to run a system stability test for around 4 hours to make sure MCE is stable since MCE is just another auto overclocking function.

Solution