Which 1050 Ti cards don't need external power?

xtal_01

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Long story short, old HP computer. The HP power supply is different so I can't just change it out for a standard one. There is no 6 pin power connector for a pci-e card.

I need a video card for this computer.

I choose a nvidia 1050 Ti because it is relatively low power, supports three monitors and does not require extra power.

Then I started looking and some of the cards do and some do not have a 6 pin connector for external power.

Can anyone tell me which for sure which 1050 Ti cards do and do not need extra power?

Thanks .... Mike

Each manufacturer has a website for these cards where they list the specs. It's a piece of cake to browse. It's pointless for us to list them all, since there are many.

In brands I like EVGA, Asus, and MSI. That might help narrow the search. Keep in mind these cards don't output analog, so if one of your monitors is VGA input then you will need an active adapter for it.

xtal_01

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I actually tried the web sites. Some showed no listing of external power yet I can see in the picture on ebay a connector! Then I started reading Amazon reviews saying some had a connector but you don't need to use it ....hu?

I just don't know enough about there cards (not really a computer guy ... don't even have a smart phone). After two days of reading, I finally picked the 1050 TI as it would do everything I need.

Now just need to find the right one and at a decent price.

Thanks .... Mike