Around 1500 dollar 1080 ti PC Build for December 2018

dantemajin

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017
My monthly salary is 350 dollars and I spend around 200 to 150 dollars every month. With the help of my parents, I can save a lot of money. On December I expect to have a 13th month pay so it will help me a lot for my PC build. I will also take advantage of the Cyber Monday and the Black Friday on November. I'm currently living in the Philippines so shipping cost will not be included here. If you want you can give me the minimum shipping cost of the build listed below. Also I'm going to use Johnny Air Cargo for the shipping.
You can make my pc build better and maximum price would be 2000 dollars, monitor included(keyboard, mouse, mousepad etc excluded) As well OS is excluded.
These are the prices by the time I'm making this thread.

Expected Build
CPU: 8600k for $237.69
I wanted to use an 8700k because it will do much better for streaming game play, taking advantage of the extra threads. I chose 8600k because it's 100 dollar cheaper and almost the same speed.

MOBO: GIGABYTE B360M DS3H for $69.99
I'm not planning on overclocking the CPU except the GPU and XMP profile for the RAM, I don't know as well if b360 are capable of XMP the RAM and if I can undervolt the CPU as well. Should I go for a Ryzen 2 build? Not gonna OC.
And the main part here is the power consumption. I'm not planning to pay like extra 10 dollars monthly for the electricity bill plus the cost of living here is pretty expensive if you're living alone and for a 10-25 fps. Check out these links:
Game Nexus 8600k 5ghz
Tech Yes City 8700k vs 8600k 5ghz

CPU cooler: CRYORIG H7 for $34.9
I wanted to use 212 evo but I checked some reviews and for an extra 5 dollars the H7 is much better. Your thoughts.

GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti if normal price $ 699.00
Do I need a lower profile 1070 ti or 1070 because I'm playing with a 1080p 144 hz monitor. Is there a bottleneck with the CPU if I stream?

RAM: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 2x8GB DDR4-2400 for $156.89
I think 3600 mhz is the sweetest spot but when I checked the price ratio it costs a lot. As well I don't think there's a much difference if I go with a higher speed<capacity.

SSD: Silicon Power 240GB for $54.99
I wanted to choose Samsung 960 m.2 but it's so expensive for the capacity so I searched for Samsung 850 evo and it's also the same thing. So I checked for some reviews in the net for the Silicon Power, so I settled for this one.

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 4TB for $94.99
Gonna record some game plays as well if I go for like a 1TB it costs 45 dollars and the 2TB for 60 dollars. So a 4TB is much cheaper for the price ratio.

PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 600w for $39.99
Is it worth it to have a 600w 80+ bronze psu or should I go for a 650-750 psu? Not gonna OC the CPU except for the GPU and XMP RAM.

Gaming Monitor: Acer GN246HL for $196.69
Streaming Monitor: AOC E970SWN for $62.80
For the Streaming Monitor it's purpose is the chat and some browsing on the web.

Case: Rakk Kagi Cube Gaming Case Black for $30.00
Case Fans: Rakk Ounos X 120mm Eclipse White Led Fan for $5.00 x6 $30.00
I like cube cases, it's my personal chose. Is there a disadvantage if I go with a cube case rather than a tower case? Your thoughts. If you're not familiar with Rakk, check out some reviews on YouTube as well this is also popular here in my Country. You can also suggest if you want.

Total: 1703.42

I know that the Ryzen 2 will come this April 19 and the next Nvidia GPU will come around soon. For the next Intel CPUs, hope they will release new CPUs this year or early 2019. So I will update my build once the next generations come.

This is my dream PC build for December but because of my budget, I need to cut corners for some of the parts like the MOBO, SSD and PSU: Dream Build

Solution
If streaming definitely go for the Core i7 8700 it is not almost the same speed when streaming. I said 8700 because you're not going to overclock and really I don't think it's all that necessary anyway due to the pretty decent turbo speeds already out of the box. You can just use the stock cooler to save money with the 8700. At 1080p you're not wanting to even consider the 1080 ti as it would be a waste. What you want is a GTX 1070 for 1080p 144hz. It's a perfect fit. Although I'm almost positive that by December a new set of graphics cards will be released. With the RAM you want capacity over speed. First you need to make sure you have as much of it as you need and then if your budget permits get the fastest speed you can. As far as...

dantemajin

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017

This build are using the current gen parts and we cannot predict when the next GPU and CPU will come. Some sort of a future proof build.

If streaming definitely go for the Core i7 8700 it is not almost the same speed when streaming. I said 8700 because you're not going to overclock and really I don't think it's all that necessary anyway due to the pretty decent turbo speeds already out of the box. You can just use the stock cooler to save money with the 8700. At 1080p you're not wanting to even consider the 1080 ti as it would be a waste. What you want is a GTX 1070 for 1080p 144hz. It's a perfect fit. Although I'm almost positive that by December a new set of graphics cards will be released. With the RAM you want capacity over speed. First you need to make sure you have as much of it as you need and then if your budget permits get the fastest speed you can. As far as the SSD goes if you want one that will last you better be prepared to spend some extra cash. Cheap SSD's do not last very long. That 4TB HDD is a great choice. I definitely recommend getting as much HDD space as possible. I'd get another drive for backup if you can afford it. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same size. You could for example get a 1TB drive and backup your more important stuff to it. Stuff that can be redownloaded like games for example don't really need to be backed up. Although it would be wise to backup your save data if it's not already in the cloud. The PSU should be fine but I'd go for a SeaSonic brand if you want some really good longevity.

Honestly. I'd just save up for the dream build. Do some extra work if you can or save up as long as it takes. I understand you probably want it for Christmas though.

So if it has to be by December then I'd go for something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($298.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($157.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K4000 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($514.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox MB600L ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.49 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($189.99 @ B&H)
Monitor: Sceptre - E205W-1600 20.0" 1600x900 60Hz Monitor ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1601.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-08 20:46 EDT-0400

Solution

dantemajin

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017

Wow thanks for a detailed explanation and suggestion for the build. Yeah as much I hated it, SSDs are pretty expensive so I'll save some extra cash for an 850. For the PSU I'll check for some reviews soon,

4745454b

Titan
? How is the "come back in Oct" post not the best answer? You already said you know new parts are coming. You need to see what the parts and prices are like IN DEC to buy correctly. Honestly, right now you are just wasting your and our time by asking now.

dantemajin

Commendable
Nov 22, 2017

If you don't ask as soon as possible then you will have no idea which parts should buy during that period of time. If I ask right now then I will have a safe or best pick that I can have, then if there's a better update I can change it, simple as that. And if you think about it the only components that will have an update this year are mainly GPUs and CPUs(minor things also like dark rock 4), so asking for parts included on the build like ssd or psu, is a good thing becuase it will give you an idea that a little research from the internet will not give you the best answer if you don't 'ask'. Maybe if I chose a cheap ssd and no update at a later time without asking ahead of time will make you ignorant. There's no harm learning things than too late, it's not a waste of time for me. Maybe by time I ask about a pc build on October, I'll probably think about it for a week or two, the prices of some parts will rise again. Then settle with a low end component. Also if you look at my post I will buy parts on November with the great sales and the final build on December. Hope I answer your reply. Feel free to ignore the post thank you.

Prices and parts that are recommended could change a lot from now until December. What I recommend now might not look anything like what I'd recommend then. But since you want to know something now I gave you the best info I could for someone who would be buying it today. There will be Ryzen 2 CPU's out then. Don't know about intel parts. I think it's safe to assume Geforce 11/20 graphics cards will be out but I know nothing about them as of now. I don't even know what they will be called. Some people think 11 series others think 20.