HELP ME! Serious 1080 fan issues!

lastchaosplay11

Reputable
Nov 10, 2017
Hello!

I've made several threads about this but I couldn't get an appropriate answer.

So here is my horror story. I’ve purchased a gigabyte windforce oc gtx 1080 from newegg (ebay) at a really discounted price back in november. Since I am from the EU I had to ask someone to bring it to me, since here it was a lot more expensive.

I had a 2 year old PC, which didn’t have top-tier parts, but my 1080 did pretty well even though it was bottlenecked. I did some tests and everything went fine. Then after a month or too, fans on my GPU started spinning like crazy but not too often. Then it got to a point where it didn’t matter what game I started it went nuts almost instantly. Super loud fans, spinning at max speed. I’ve tried EVERYTHING, from dduninstal, reinstall drivers, windows reset, windows reinstall, different fan curves. Nothing worked. I took it to my friends PC who had the same exact GPU and we’ve tried everything, not a single time fans were that loud, except if we set it manually to spin at 100%. I was like okay, probably the other parts are older. I was planning to build a new PC anyways.

Now I got my new PC with 8700k, and all kind of that top-tier parts. I downloaded Destiny 2, and a couple minutes later after I started it, fans were already as loud as before. I noticed that 1 fan is not spinning at all!! Is that even normal? Fans are also spinning when idle (without a sound though) which I don’t think is normal either, at 32 celsius GPU. But even at 100% spin the third fan doesn’t even move. Softwares show 0 RPM on fans. Using CAM, and AORUS software now. Also checked GPU-Z.

No I can’t RMA this crap, because they don’t have a global warranty system unfortunately. So if I want to RMA I have to pay the shipping from Hungary to US, and they also won’t ship it back here, only to the US.

Any ideas what can I do?! I’m seriously freaking out after spending so much money on my new PC, and still having the same issue, but whenever I put my GPU in my friend’s PC everything is okay.

HELP ME PLEASE! I can even pay someone who can help me fix this issue.

P.S.: Forgot to mention that in my old PC fans stopped whenever I closed the game and waited a little time. But now it doesn’t matter what I do. If I set the fans to 0% the fans are spinning like crazy, without stopping. Only way I can stop them is to restart the PC.

Solution

I think I fixed it, I was so dumb I didn't realise that the second PCI-E cable is stuck in the right fan and it blocked it completely making it unable to spin and as soon as I released it, all of the fans stopped. However when playing a PUBG match, the fans started to spin at 100% again for a couple seconds, then they stopped.

ALSO I have another concern now, I can't decide whether it's the Kraken x62 or the GPU. Cause I had this sound on my old build as well, when starting a game. Could you please check it? Only the GPU is the same, everything else was changed. I have a corsair rm650x right now. Also I am more than sure it's the GPU because when switching between the different...

lastchaosplay11

Reputable
Nov 10, 2017

I think I fixed it, I was so dumb I didn't realise that the second PCI-E cable is stuck in the right fan and it blocked it completely making it unable to spin and as soon as I released it, all of the fans stopped. However when playing a PUBG match, the fans started to spin at 100% again for a couple seconds, then they stopped.

ALSO I have another concern now, I can't decide whether it's the Kraken x62 or the GPU. Cause I had this sound on my old build as well, when starting a game. Could you please check it? Only the GPU is the same, everything else was changed. I have a corsair rm650x right now. Also I am more than sure it's the GPU because when switching between the different modes (OC, gaming, silent) there is a little loading before it, and the sound is a little different, that's why I'm guessing it's the GPU, because Kraken's sound wouldn't change when I change the GPU's profile.

New build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i415IZA_dvQ

Old build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCy2OariI_Y

Solution

TRENDING THREADS