I5 8500 with GTX 1050 TI

Apr 18, 2018
i5 8500 with gtx 1050 ti. are they compatible with each other? will there be bottleneck issue? thanks in advance!

The i5-8500 will rarely be the bottleneck.
There will still be some situations where a CPU bottleneck will happen if you want to get technical such as occasional stutters, CIV6 processing time, some MMO client load, and games like Starcraft 2 in larger battles.

The graphics card while good for light/medium gaming will be the bottleneck 95% of the time or higher (depending on the game).

So you'll want to tweak games accordingly and primarily run 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 (depending on how demanding the game is, and if you even have a high res monitor).

That CPU will hold up nicely over time though as games will continue to take advantage of more cores/threads and depend less on fewer, faster cores.

Example comparing GPU's: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1050_Ti_Gaming_X/17.html

I know most/all games here aren't set to max settings but basically you can get 60FPS in GTA5 with some combination of HIGH or close at 1920x1080.

Some games like Batman AK would see the frame rate crippled with PhysX smoke effects etc.

*One important feature to use is Adaptive VSYNC. On my 60Hz monitor I still can't maintain 60FPS with my GTX1080 in all games... for a few I force on Adaptive VSYNC so it disables VSYNC if I can't meet the 60FPS target.

That causes screen tear (VSYNC OFF) instead of added stutter (VSYNC ON but below target).

a) start then exit game, then
b) NCP-> manage 3d settings-> ... add game-> (adaptive vsync) -> Save

My rule-of-thumb is 90% or higher solid 60FPS so I tweak accordingly.

(In Assassin's Creed Unity for example and other AC games with VSYNC OFF I might average over 80FPS but still get drops below 60FPS frequently. The game has bad screen tear with VSYNC OFF so that was not an option... but the STUTTERING was really bad in those dips.. thus the best solution without a Freesync/GSync scenario was Adaptive VSYNC.

Again, instead of added STUTTER I just get a little screen tear. It really helped when i might turn or jump or whatever when stutter could really break immersion).