Will the FX 8350 work with the MSI 760GM-p34 (fx) Mobo

Apr 18, 2018
I've already looked at the mobos support list and it says the CPU is no longer supported but I have the most up to date BIOS but at this point im confused and need help. Also, if i were to wing it and throw the processor in there would it break everything or just not boot. All help is appreciated.

Solution
The motherboard does not support 125 watt Thermal Design Power (TDP) CPUs. The highest wattage is 95 watts. The FX-8350 is 125 watts.

Thermal Design Power (TDP) is the average maximum power a processor can dissipate while running commercially available software. TDP is primarily used as a guideline for manufacturers of thermal solutions (heatsinks/fans, etc) which tells them how much heat their solution should dissipate.

The motherboard does not support 125 watt Thermal Design Power (TDP) CPUs. The highest wattage is 95 watts. The FX-8350 is 125 watts.

Thermal Design Power (TDP) is the average maximum power a processor can dissipate while running commercially available software. TDP is primarily used as a guideline for manufacturers of thermal solutions (heatsinks/fans, etc) which tells them how much heat their solution should dissipate.

Solution