RX 570 or 1060

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Hi guys.I am eventually upgrading my fx 4170 to a ryzen 2600 non x version in November.Now i am looking at 2 cards one being the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6gb for 6499 south african rand or the MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR MK2 8GB OC Edition.for 5999

I am favoring the gaming x card a little as i am getting the msi gaming plus motherboard which is red/black with red leds.But which is faster?Will the 2gb extra vram make a difference?Last should i try and save few bucks more and rather get the rx580.Prices are quite steep here reason why i am going entry level.

Solution
If you were to buy today, I recommend you go with the most affordable option. Both offer good performance, and I think you'll be happy with either. In a small percentage of games available today, the extra 2gb of RAM on the AMD card will allow you to load higher resolution textures, but it's not going to make a huge difference visually (if at all) if you are gaming at 1080p resolution. HOWEVER, my big advice is to pick the maximum you are willing to spend on a video card when the time comes to buy it, then see what is available within your set price range when you buy in November. There will be a lot of new video cards available by then, including next generation Nvidia cards, which could make all your current research a mute point.

philongames

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
If you were to buy today, I recommend you go with the most affordable option. Both offer good performance, and I think you'll be happy with either. In a small percentage of games available today, the extra 2gb of RAM on the AMD card will allow you to load higher resolution textures, but it's not going to make a huge difference visually (if at all) if you are gaming at 1080p resolution. HOWEVER, my big advice is to pick the maximum you are willing to spend on a video card when the time comes to buy it, then see what is available within your set price range when you buy in November. There will be a lot of new video cards available by then, including next generation Nvidia cards, which could make all your current research a mute point.

Solution
The vram won't help when the 1060 performance is better. You also can't really compare vram with different compression algorithms. The 570 is more of a match vs the 1060 3gb. The 1060 6gb vs the 580. It's odd to find amd gpus at a lower price but I'd still go with the 1060.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017

Thank you.I heard about the next gen nvidia cards just wasn't sure when they will ship and what the prices would be I am gaming on 1080p panel but may upgrade it next year so would be great if i have some head room with a new 1160 or so if the prices are right.

TRENDING THREADS