Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Hello everyone,
i am in quite a dilemma right now.

I own rig with next specifications:

i7-2600
msi-z68a-g43
8gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance

I can sell it for exact same price at what i need to buy new out of the store with warranty next pc:

Ryzen 3 2200g
some b350 motherboard
8gb ddr4 3000mhz gskill ram memory.

Would it be smart for me to do that?
I have an old gpu with my i7 build but its useless and with 2200g i get vega 8 so i could use it until gpu prices settle down a litte.
Then i could buy brand new gpu, or i can buy r9 280x used right now and use it with i7 build.

Sorry for complicated presentation of informations.

Thank You!

Solution

That thermaltake is worse so keep the thunder in that case :p.
A good budget option would be the seasonic focus...

Cpu wise the 2600 does better in multi threaded situations but the ryzen has a bit better single core performance.
Is it the 2600 or 2600k? If the k you can oc it to surpas the ryzen.

However whats the psu in the current system and in the new system.
Seems odd you can sell your old one for the exact money to be able to get the new one. So there is something going on in the new one where they cheaped out on some components.

radakbre

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Its non k version.
I would be using same psu on both builds, cooler master thunder 600w : http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/thunder/thunder-600w/ quite decent psu...
well...i would be off $20 or something like that, but i think it would be worth the change plus that integrated gpu.
Ryzen parts will be completely new out of the store.

That would be a good upgrade then. However that psu is quite old so before you get a new gpu I would replace it just to be safe.

radakbre

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015

i am including aftermarket cpu heatsink and other stuff so it adds up to a cost of ryzen
well i can get a new THERMALTAKE Smart RGB 500W for quite a cheap,
i know i know its rgb, will probably look for bronze or silver ratings

That thermaltake is worse so keep the thunder in that case :p.
A good budget option would be the seasonic focus gold 550w if you want extremely good quality and depending where you are 5-8 years of warranty.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS