is i7-7700 compatible with gt 1030 ?

Solution
Of course it's compatible but it's a BAD COMBO!

Graphic card choice is not linked to the processor by a compatibility relationship but by a performance relevance, as you can physically combine a very weak graphic card with a powerful CPU w or the other way around mix the latest graphics like a 1080ti with a weak CPU :which will result in a poor graphic performance in both cases.
So you would like to choose your system components in a way that they are within same performance "class", means they would work synergistically and harmoniously with each other.

The 1030 is a weak graphic card for basic desktop display, even combined with a powerful CPU like i7-7700k, it will still gives you basic graphic capabilities.
GTX1030 is a very basic graphics card which will run on any motherboard with a X16 graphics slot.

That said, for non gaming work, you might as well save your money and use the 7700K integrated graphics.

If your are primarily gaming, you should be looking at a much stronger graphics card that is appropriate for a 7700K.
Likely something like a GTX1060 or better.

R0GG

Distinguished
Of course it's compatible but it's a BAD COMBO!

Graphic card choice is not linked to the processor by a compatibility relationship but by a performance relevance, as you can physically combine a very weak graphic card with a powerful CPU w or the other way around mix the latest graphics like a 1080ti with a weak CPU :which will result in a poor graphic performance in both cases.
So you would like to choose your system components in a way that they are within same performance "class", means they would work synergistically and harmoniously with each other.

The 1030 is a weak graphic card for basic desktop display, even combined with a powerful CPU like i7-7700k, it will still gives you basic graphic capabilities.

Solution