600-750 (USD) Compact PC

May 18, 2018
I am new to the building PC world and was leaning towards a gaming laptop, but was encouraged by many friends to just go PC and a few brought up compact PCing, because I told them I travel a lot and bounce around a lot due to work for relocating and such.

I do game, but mostly been a PS4 console person. But there are many indie games and someone online games such as fortnight and over watch I like to play.

I know there will be some sacrifices I will have to make to cut corners I guess with my budget some good builds I seen are up in the 800- 1500$ range (maybe one day with a better job and stable income and no student loans)

This is what I have so far:

Case: (I'm not sure I want something small for carry on style luggage, but I would like to be able to put some kind of cooling system in it. I am okay with not having extra storage space.)

MotherBoard: There are a few, but with everything else I am looking at I don't know which one would be best.

Cooler:

CPU: Intel Core I5-6400

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Ge force GTX 1060 mini ITX 3G

HDD: 1TB Barracuda

Power Supply: EVA 500 w

Ram: Again not sure which would compliment best

Any advice and tips? Is this just of cluster heck of nope, would this even be good for someone that is a casual gamer, but would like to play games that are not very low res games?

Solution
if you are traveling a lot you should get a laptop. No small desktop will be nearly as easy to carry around ,and you will need a monitor/keyboard with you also.

There are lots of build suggestions in the Systems forum section for desktops, but unless you will be driving with the system or shipping or buying a monitor where you end up going to, laptop is better in your case. Keep packing your computer in a plane, expect it to get broken at some point.
if you are traveling a lot you should get a laptop. No small desktop will be nearly as easy to carry around ,and you will need a monitor/keyboard with you also.

There are lots of build suggestions in the Systems forum section for desktops, but unless you will be driving with the system or shipping or buying a monitor where you end up going to, laptop is better in your case. Keep packing your computer in a plane, expect it to get broken at some point.

Solution

Not really more expensive but you are limited to what you can use. ITX motherboards tend to be more expensive with some models because they like to stick things like onboard WiFi on them. Good small form power supplies are pricier than normal drives, but not much more. Cases, same thing, not really a big price difference if you match quality between.