My i3 3220 becomes unstable after I paired gtx 1050 ti OC edition !

Jun 6, 2018
I bought a new gpu gtx 1050 ti oc edition but after that my PC starts lagging , the games take a lot of time to load as I was gonna play COD WW2 and the cutscenes started lagging and the game took alot of time to load same for PUBG at very low settings , Battlefield 1 ,and sometimes it wouldn't load the game . And after that I removed the graphics card and the pc was stable though I couldn't play any game ! Please help me I mean what could be the reason and what should I do ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !

---------------------MY PC SPECS-----------------
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
i3 3220 3.3Ghz
8gb 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM
gtx 1050 ti OC edition ( before that intel hd graphics 2500

Jun 6, 2018

I have a 400W iball cheap quality SMPS which came with my cabinet . My motherboard is Gigabyte H61M-S . And I also have the latest NVIDIA drivers . Please help thanks in advance !

are you watching temps and CPU/USAGE? download MSI AB if you havent already and monitor whats happening with your hardware. sounds like you are having some sort bottleneck or thermal throttling. I HAVE SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU, I know its bottleneck in PUBG and BF1. those games will choke the life out of an older i5 quad-core. you may want to try 720p and some creative settings to get it to work. but in reality that cpu is not enough for those games, you would probably need more ram as well

Jun 6, 2018

Yes I have some bottleneck and I have monitered it while playing PUBG usin MSI AB . But I should face the bottlenecking problem while playing games but while basic work also my PC gives me a shit performance . And when I remove the GPU then my pc becomes good for basic works ! Why does this happens ? Is it because of the cheap quality 400W SMPS which came with the cabinet which cant provide the power properly to my PC ! Or its the problem of the CPU ! Will i5 2500 bottleneck 1050 ti ?

I would not run anything on that power supply, if you want your system to have a good chance of living for longer than a few days, replace it.

Don't know what is available in your area, these Seasonics are a great deal https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093&cm_re=seasonic_M12ii-_-17-151-093-_-Product $35 after rebate and it's a top quality PSU.

Jun 6, 2018

Are you sure its gonna fix my problem ?

No but having a good power supply is the first step to having a good running system. It may fix it, may not. You won't know unless you have a solid base to start from. If your plane won't fly well, but you have holes in your wings, even if the engine is bad, you need to fix the wings.