Will 1080 support Asus H110M-A mobo and tt Smart SE 530W psu?

Jun 7, 2018
I am planning on upgrading my GPU from 970 to 1080.What I want to know is that will the 1080 support my mobo and psu mentioned in the title? If not then please suggest a psu or mobo..

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
With MoBo, you're good but your Thermaltake PSU is low quality and i'd replace that for sure. For a new PSU, anything from Seasonic lineup in 600W range will do just fine. E.g M12II-620 EVO, G-650, Focus+ 650 or PRIME 650 80+ Titanium,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/WrNypg,Tc3RsY,R7V48d,nn648d/

M12II EVO and G series PSUs come with 5 years of OEM warranty.
Focus+ is the newest PSU line from Seasonic and it comes with 10 years of OEM warranty.
While PRIME 650 80+ Titanium is the best 650W PSU money can buy at current date.

With Seasonic PRIME 80+ Titanium series, you'll get the highest efficiency (94%), tightest voltage regulation (0.5%), longest hold-up time (30ms), lowest ripple noise (20mV) and longest warranty (12 years) there is. Fully modular cables and toggle-able Premium Hybrid fan control too.
specs: https://seasonic.com/prime-titanium
review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-titanium-650w-psu,4690.html

All my 3 PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic while i have the very same PRIME unit in Skylake build. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Oh, all fully-modular Seasonic PSUs are also compatible with CableMod SE-series custom sleeved power cables.
To match my Skylake's black & red theme and Haswell's black & blue theme, i have replaced the stock black power cables with CableMod SE-series custom sleeved power cables,
cablemod: https://cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=se-series&show_products=48

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
For a new PSU, anything from Seasonic lineup in 600W range will do just fine. E.g M12II-620 EVO

Why replace a mediocre PSU with another mediocre PSU? The M12ii are group regulated, and missing alot of important protections. Definitely not something you want to buy for a GTX 1080 system, especially when you can find much better power supplies for the same price.

Also, no need for 600w. You are only losing money, and ending up with a PSU that is likely louder. No advantages to choosing higher wattage. A 450w or 550w will be more than enough for OP's system. The H110M motherboard suggests their CPU isn't powerful enough to be needing a 550w power supply.

Budget PSUs include the Corsair CX 2017, Corsair CXM 2015, be Quiet Pure Power 10, Corsair Vengeance, CoolerMaster MasterWatt (not lite).

High end power supplies include the Corsair RMx, Bitfenix Whisper, EVGA G3, Seasonic Focus Plus.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

you will need a new psu

as posted above the newer corsair cx 550w is a good choice

this is assuming you have a decent processor

if you dont have an i7 then the gtx 1080 would be a waste of money

Q: can you run a GTX 1080 on an Asus H110M-A motherboard?

A: sure the PCIE slots on the Asus H110M-A can support the latest PCIE x16 v3.0 requirements for maximum speed the video card can handle through the pcie port. that said, the optimum speed will be regulated by the type pf CPU your running, on the said Asus H110M-A motherboard. if you have an I7 COU then your golden, if your running an I5 series CPU, you will encounter some bottlenecking effect asyour choke point for processing will be your cpu over your video card.

Q: is the tt Smart SE 530W psu compatible with the mentioned motherboard?

A: sure it is, but will it last long and protect your motherboard and video card in case of a power fluctuation or power surge?, doubtful, and may even in worst case scenario contribute in taking out your motherboard/video card in the same breath. I suggest considering a better PSU to protect your investment that a 1080 is. I cannot make a suggestion on another brand/model of power supply, as it depend greatly on where you are located (what country).

Jun 7, 2018

"Corsair CX600 600W 80 Plus Bronze Non-Modular Power Supply Unit" Is this psu enough?

TRENDING THREADS