I7 2600 and GTX 1060 3G Gaming X (MSI) bad perfomance?

Jun 11, 2018
So on every thread everyone says that an i7 2600 and a 1060 3G should pare up well and get a minimum of 60fps in a lot of games (1080p). Well I’m struggling. For BF1 I struggled to get 60fps on the LOWEST settings, I had to temper with the Nvidia 3D settings to get somewhat okay performance (still 40 fps on some maps). Not only with BF1, but also other games. Fallout 76 is coming out soon and I’m just “scared” to get it on PC. Any idea what could be the issue? I may sound like a whiney dude but I’m just really gutted for it’s performance, esp bc others get way better performance.

Jun 11, 2018

But like, how about the other games? You sure there’s nothing wrong like internally? Cuz I feel like it should def have more FPS in some games.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016

Have you turned on gsync because if you have try turning it off but have you tested other games and see what there FPS is like and you could try this nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Power Management Mode = Prefer Maximum Performance

Dugimodo

Distinguished
It's a great CPU, but it's also going on for 7 years old so maybe games are just starting to leave it behind.
I'm sure it'll still play a great many games very well, but perhaps not the most demanding ones.

The gains each generation may have been small, but they add up. A current 8 series i5 or i7 could be as much as 30-60% faster in games.
Even an i3 8100 would blow it away these days.

Jun 11, 2018

Don’t think my monitor even supports gsync. Never touched it.