Gt 1030 on 1280x1024 monitor

Jun 17, 2018
I recently bought a new vga nvidia gt 1030 and i tried to use it.
My computer spec is
Intel i3 skylake @3.8 ghz I tried it at the store with the storekeeper’s monitor and everything was fine. When i got home i connected it to my monitor and my monitor wont display a thing. My monitor is quite old (not wide screen yet) with 1280x1024 max resolution ,60 hz and only has vga port. So i decided to use hdmi to vga adapter since 1030 doesnt support vga. Later on, i tried using my tv which has both hdmi and vga port. since i dont have hdmi cable i used my vga cable with the adapter and connected it to the tv and it still wont work. I was quite curious as to why both the monitor and tv wont display so i switched back to my old vga and everything is fine. MY tv support hd 1020p can someone help me?
Does 1030 not support low resolution monitors? I tried contacting the shopkeeper and he said the monitor might not be compatible with 1030
P.s sorry for my bad english

Solution
I am 95% sure its your adaptor that is causing the problem.
Maybe you can change it for a DVI to VGA adaptor.
HDMI to VGA always seems more complicated, and I am unsure why.
Jun 17, 2018
Where can i check the make model etc? I already switched it back to my 1030 as im planning to return to the shop tomorrow and its 1 a.m here so i cant turn on my pc. Im sorry im new to these kinds of computer stuff
But for other spec it is
8 gb ram
500 w psu.
I also read somewhere that i should disable my old graphic card ? Should i try to do that?

4freedomssake

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017

Run CPU-Z for us. So we can see your specs.