Rx 480 8gb vs xfx Rx 580 4gb oc

Pao1919

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
The RX 480 8gb is a single fan. The 580 is a dual fan 4gb. I dont know which one to pick.

Prob going to play dota, pubg, gta, nba, cod, bf, single player games, first person. Which one should I pick?

Also, I can buy another fan for my computer to support the single fan.

Solution
Can you link the exact models? By single fan do you mean its a blower style card? If so they can get a bit loud under stress. What are the rest of your system specs?
The 480 and 580 are very very close in performance (as they are practically the same card) so the biggest differences in the two models you are going for is Vram size and cooling solution. The 8gb can come in useful-there are games out there that are memory hungry.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
why not get a RX 580 8GB?.. a single fan can be an issue if you don't have very good cooling in the case.. there is not too much difference between the 480 and 580 but depding if you play with larger then 1080 P and some games the extra 4GB of ram can really help out things.

Can you link the exact models? By single fan do you mean its a blower style card? If so they can get a bit loud under stress. What are the rest of your system specs?
The 480 and 580 are very very close in performance (as they are practically the same card) so the biggest differences in the two models you are going for is Vram size and cooling solution. The 8gb can come in useful-there are games out there that are memory hungry.

Solution