Is a 970 Evo M.2 Worth it?

Hi Everyone

I've been wanting a M.2 drive for some time now and I can finally afford one. The question I'm asking is that with my current setup am I really going to notice a difference to justify this?
Currently I have x4 850 Evo's in RAID 0. Results from Crystal Disk Mark are posted below. I just love the excuse to buy new tech : )

wBa3iky.png

Solution
Yes, I think so. I'm not sure if it would be better, but it would lower the chance of losing all data running one fast drive vs running 4 in raid 0. With samsung's software you can also use RAPID and other cool features. I'm not sure the bandwidth would be better but the latency should go down being on PCI lanes vs a sata raid setup.

Who needs excuses when you can just buy all the tech! Good deal hunting.

robax91

Distinguished
Yes, I think so. I'm not sure if it would be better, but it would lower the chance of losing all data running one fast drive vs running 4 in raid 0. With samsung's software you can also use RAPID and other cool features. I'm not sure the bandwidth would be better but the latency should go down being on PCI lanes vs a sata raid setup.

Who needs excuses when you can just buy all the tech! Good deal hunting.

Solution
Add *another* 1300-1400 MB/sec onto the sequential reads, and it will be like looking at 970 EVO results...(assuming your MB has an M.2 slot with PCI-e x4 lanes connectivity, vice the older x2 lanes that were common in pre-Z170 boards..)

As to if the upgrade to a 970 EVO would be really noticeable in 'real world' usage is another story...

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I ended up going with a 970. Had a $50 promo card for Samsung so a 970 for $150 is a pretty good deal, imo. I'm going to use the 970 as the OS and a few games and keep the SSD RAID going as an overflow. I'll post some side by sides of the 970 and the RAID in a few.