$500 PC Upgrade - Need Advice

Jul 1, 2018
I've recently run into a bit of cash, and I'm looking to use a portion of it to upgrade my PC. I'm wondering what you all would suggest upgrading.

The computer is used for gaming and video editing, so it does take on a pretty big load sometimes. I've only run into speed issues a few times, particularly when editing films, so I may not even want to upgrade the parts themselves, but just work on the look of the build.

In terms of look, I'm wanting to make a blue/black build, I'd rather not use blue LEDs, but more white to highlight the individual components. Water cooling is something I'm interested in, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it (change my mind), and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Anyways, what do you think I should do? I have a $500 budget (flexible), and I'm ready to upgrade, whether it be components, water cooling, or cable management. Any tips about rearranging parts or cleaning up what I already have would be very helpful as well.

Thank you!

Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n47YWD
Picture of Build: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/8bb061b1-2dee-468a-b21c-029b7d8aa175

Solution
For your video editing works, is the 16gigs of ram sufficient? You can get another 2x8gb rgb ram sticks and have some white/blue rgb going there. But you have to tinker with custom ram timings since you have to work with 2 mismatched sets.

Or you can sell ur current ram kit and get new rgb ones.

You can get a nvme drive to speed up ur video editing works. A HP ex900/920 or Samsung 960/970 or mydigitalssd bpx would be great choices.

Have you considered custom sleeved cables from cable mod?

Add led strips for additional lighting.
For your video editing works, is the 16gigs of ram sufficient? You can get another 2x8gb rgb ram sticks and have some white/blue rgb going there. But you have to tinker with custom ram timings since you have to work with 2 mismatched sets.

Or you can sell ur current ram kit and get new rgb ones.

You can get a nvme drive to speed up ur video editing works. A HP ex900/920 or Samsung 960/970 or mydigitalssd bpx would be great choices.

Have you considered custom sleeved cables from cable mod?

Add led strips for additional lighting.

Solution
Jul 1, 2018
Great suggestions, thank you very much!

I have been wanting to sleeve my cables, but I'm having a really tough time deciding what to get and how to go about it. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

TRENDING THREADS