R7 2700 or i7 8700

Dynamical

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
I want to know which CPU would be better; not primarily for gaming performance. It will primarily be used for word processing, software and game development, browsing the web and playing games.

I understand the R7 2700 is better in almost every way except single core and gaming performance but I am wondering if the technologies Intel offers would benefit the i7 such as Rapid Storage, vPro, Clear Video, etc, and will be worth the extra price premium I’ll be paying.

I’ve always been with Intel and never personally had an AMD CPU Computer so I’m not sure what technologies AMD can offer to compete with Intel. I’m also aware I am able to overclock the R7 2700 with ease.

I’ll be using a Crucial MX500 240 SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, GTX 1060 6GB.

As of now, the R7 2700 is £245 and the i7 8700 is £275.

Solution
Hello. Regarding games with a GTX 1060 6G you will not notice any difference between the two processors because both are (comparatively) much more powerful than the GTX 1060 6G. For you to begin to notice the difference in favor of Intel you would have to have a GTX 1080 or more.

If you are going to render video or you are going to stream your games, then Ryzen is somewhat superior, but it is very difficult for you to notice any difference in practice. Keep in mind that they are two very powerful processors.

About word processing, browse ... Dont worry at all. Both are much more powerful than necessary to treat it.

Do not worry much about the technologies that have a bizarre name with one company and another. Most are marketing and...
Hello. Regarding games with a GTX 1060 6G you will not notice any difference between the two processors because both are (comparatively) much more powerful than the GTX 1060 6G. For you to begin to notice the difference in favor of Intel you would have to have a GTX 1080 or more.

If you are going to render video or you are going to stream your games, then Ryzen is somewhat superior, but it is very difficult for you to notice any difference in practice. Keep in mind that they are two very powerful processors.

About word processing, browse ... Dont worry at all. Both are much more powerful than necessary to treat it.

Do not worry much about the technologies that have a bizarre name with one company and another. Most are marketing and, in general, there is something similar in the other.

Solution