1060 3gb On PS2 ATX or any 350W PSU

G

Hi there, here's my bundle
Case and Power Supply : Cougar - MG110 MicroATX Mini Tower Case With Standard ATX PS2 350W
RAM : G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Processor : Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core GPU : Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB DUAL
MoBo :ASRock - H310M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 HDD : Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal
I doubt that PSU is HEC. That PC is completely balanced and that PSU provides GPU performly with enough power. I filled the list on PCPARTPICKER with these parts which all were compatible together using only 225W.
So, If I wanted to upgrade that GPU to 1060 3GB (putting in consideration and knowing that 1060 3GB's TDP is 120W and when replacing 1050 with it, the site supposes 270W for PSU to run the bundle with 1060 damn well.) , Would my PSU be enough ?
*I checked Nvidia website lately and recommended PSU for 1060 is 400W
-Will it make such a difference between 350W and 400W ?
*I'm not into overclocking and I use my monitor for 1440×900 as its recommended limit if it helps
Thanks in advance..

Solution
Nvidia's recommended PSU wattage is not really accurate as there are more factors that go into a system's power draw other than the GPU. For your system, I suspect that a decent 350 watt PSU would push that hardware fine. But you don't have a decent PSU. Just about all of the PSUs that come with a case are complete junk. Cheap PSUs cant sustain loads even if the wattage is lower than their maximum supported rating. So it very well may crap out running a continuous 275 watts during a gaming session.

Additionally, running an average wattage does not correlate to peaks. The system may run 275 watts on average, but it will peak higher. That could cause issue as well.

Here is a decent budget PSU from Corsair that is a really good...

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
Manufacturers recommend power supply wattage with two things in mind: The rest of the system being power hungry, and a crap PSU that can't deliver near it's rated wattage.

What is your PSU model? It's a good idea to use a good quality power supply, even if it meets your demands. Because the PSU will affect every component's lifespan, and can kill components in a fault if the PSU is low quality.

Nvidia's recommended PSU wattage is not really accurate as there are more factors that go into a system's power draw other than the GPU. For your system, I suspect that a decent 350 watt PSU would push that hardware fine. But you don't have a decent PSU. Just about all of the PSUs that come with a case are complete junk. Cheap PSUs cant sustain loads even if the wattage is lower than their maximum supported rating. So it very well may crap out running a continuous 275 watts during a gaming session.

Additionally, running an average wattage does not correlate to peaks. The system may run 275 watts on average, but it will peak higher. That could cause issue as well.

Here is a decent budget PSU from Corsair that is a really good price. It wont have an issue with that system.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j8Q7JV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j8Q7JV/by_merchant/

Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($23.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $23.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-10 09:37 EDT-0400

Solution