RX 560 4GB (1024 stream proc.) vs GTX 1050/1050 Ti

• Thread starter Deleted member 1588519
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1588519

Hello everyone. The title pretty much says it all. I am mentioning 1024 stream processors because apparently there is a version with 896 which is supposed to be much worse. I have come across tests and opinions where RX 560 4GB beats GTX 1050 Ti, although barely. Nevertheless, given the fact that RX 560 4GB is usually cheaper it seems like the one to go for. However, I have also seen opinions that GTX 1050 (2GB) can beat RX 560 4GB as 4 GB are useless for that type of card. So who is wrong and who is right? Which one to buy? Thank you very much for your opinions.

Solution
If money is the priority, get the 1050. If performance is the priority get the 1050 Ti.

At best, the 560 might come into its own when/if Direct X 12 becomes important in gaming. That may or may not happen soon enough for the 560 to be relevant. That's one reason I don't think it's a good value.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-560/3649vs3926

given the 1050 ti beats it in everything by a decent amount (might be the 896 one not sure..but even then doubtful it would beat the 1050ti)

"I have also seen opinions that GTX 1050 (2GB) can beat RX 560 4GB as 4 GB are useless for that type of card. "

whoever said that left out very important info.

if your GPU has less memory in it than the app/game/etc needs then you will hit a performance issue as it can not load everything it needs on the GPU's memory.

The 1050 2gb would be as fast, if not faster in Nvidia optimized games, than the 560 in real world use. What I mean is, you aren't going to find a game that's playable on a 560 that you can't also play on a 1050. Any game that overwhelms the 1050 is also too much for the 560.

The 4gb allows you to use higher settings in some cases. A game might not even allow someone with a 2gb card to choose settings that require more. This can come in handy in certain situations. Let's say you're playing a game the card can handle, except you'd like to use some graphics mods that use a lot of vram. You could do it with the 4gb 560 but a 2gb 1050 might not allow it.

The problem is most newer games that can take advantage of 4gb vram also tend to require more processing power as well. On a game like that you might find that yes, a 4gb 560 allows you to choose higher settings but if you do your framerate goes down. So you might need to lower the settihgs tp keep the framerate up, meaning you might as well have bought a 2gb card.

Now the 1050 Ti is both faster than those two other cards AND has 4gb vram, so it's the best choice assuming it's in your budget.

D

Deleted member 1588519

Thank you for your reply. The question is then, is there a huge performance difference between the GTX 1050 2GB and RX 560 4GB or is it just marginal? I am asking because the price difference between the GTX 1050 and RX 560 4GB is quite substantial while the price difference between GTX 1050 Ti and RX 560 4GB ain't that huge, therefore, in case of a huge difference I would go for GTX 1050 Ti because you said it's better than the RX 560 4GB. The thing is this is my 2nd PC which I am not using most of the year but my GPU has broken recently. And since the new generation of the nVidia cards should come soon I would rather go for the card which won't cost me too much if it isn't that much worse than the alternatives. I had R9 270 Gaming 2GB so I don't want to downgrade but at the same time I wasn't really planning to upgrade so this is more of cheap but worthy replacement until I decide to do so. Thanks.

If money is the priority, get the 1050. If performance is the priority get the 1050 Ti.

At best, the 560 might come into its own when/if Direct X 12 becomes important in gaming. That may or may not happen soon enough for the 560 to be relevant. That's one reason I don't think it's a good value.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.