i7 2600 vs i5 4670

Jul 11, 2018
I have a i5 2500 cpu.. i can upgrade it to i7 2600.. but my friend told i5 4670 better than i7 2600.. iam confused.. i know i7 2600 have 8 threads but i5 4670 have 4 threads only.. which one is best for gaming?? While gaming on i5 the cpu usage is 99% but in i7 cpu usage 70% so i7 is better??? Tell me a solution guys.. thanks you

Solution
The difference, however, is that you'd need a newer motherboard to go with the i5-4670. Additionally, the performance gain in Intel chips from one generation to the next, for the same clock speed, isn't much. It's there, but it's incremental.

If you can get an i7-2600, that would be the best bang for the buck, as it should be a drop in replacement for your i5-2500.

For games, generally the hyper-threading of the i7-2600 won't give you much benefit.

Here's a more pertinent question, though. Is your current system falling short in any way? It's a little odd that the current i5 is running at 99% and the i7 at 70%, considering that there's only a 100MHz speed difference.
if you can alway go with the newest cpu you can afford. in the real world is like a car the newer the car the newer the tech in the engine. the newer cpu clock for clock are faster then your older cpu. the trick with today cpu fight between intel and amd is not to jump to a new cpu every year as speed gains now are small. your better off getting a new amd or intel cpu and then replacing it in 3-4 years if it having issue keeping newer gpu from bottle necking. not only does cpu tech changes but also mb chipset and features. the newer mb now with m2/nve ssd are speed deamonds over the older sata ssd.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The difference, however, is that you'd need a newer motherboard to go with the i5-4670. Additionally, the performance gain in Intel chips from one generation to the next, for the same clock speed, isn't much. It's there, but it's incremental.

If you can get an i7-2600, that would be the best bang for the buck, as it should be a drop in replacement for your i5-2500.

For games, generally the hyper-threading of the i7-2600 won't give you much benefit.

Here's a more pertinent question, though. Is your current system falling short in any way? It's a little odd that the current i5 is running at 99% and the i7 at 70%, considering that there's only a 100MHz speed difference.

Solution

mgallo848

Commendable
If you can find one for a good price, the i7 3770k should fit in your current system (you may just have to update the BIOS). The i7 3770k is about 15% faster than the i7 2600k.

If you go to an i5 or i7 4000 series you will also need to but a new motherboard.

What make and model motherboard do you have?

I am currently borrowing an i7 2600k - so if you want me to do a benchmark on something and comapre it to what you have now, I can.
This way you can see if it is worth the upgrade.
This computer is
i7 2600k
16GB
Rx580 8GB
Sabertooth p67 mobo

My normal computer is i7 4790k - all I have done is put my GPU into this 2700k. Games still run 90+fps ultra settings @1080p

Jul 11, 2018
my mobo support all 2nd gen and 3rd gen processors.. so iam going to try to upgrade to i7 3770 processor.. 3770k is more expensive than i5 4670 i think.
Thanks everyone..

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

I don't believe this is an issue that noticeably affects performance.

mgallo848

Commendable

I tried to look up some up to date reviews on performance differences and and yes, there really isn't much between 2.0 and 3.0.

I remember seeing benchmarks showing a bigger difference between 1.0 and 2.0 so I wasn't sure about newer cards running 2.0 vs 3.0

TRENDING THREADS