why my I5 4460 3.2GHZ and b85-gaming 3 motherboard and also GTX 1060 OC 6 GB Have a low fps

Jul 14, 2018
i have a i5 4460 3.2 ghz cpu and also a b85-gaming 3 motherboard and also a gtx 1060 oc 6gb. but when im playing game i have a low and not consant fps. idk what's the reason whether it is the cpu the motherboard. Before i use gtx 1060 my graphics card are gtx 660. it have a constant fpss. but couldnt play many games in medium or high quality. and so i change my graphics card into gtx 1060. and then it could play games in high or medium but the fps could go from 60 to 54. which make my mouse stutter a lot which is annoying. So what's the problem in here? can u guys help me???

Solution
What are the results of the test I recommended?

Here are things to try:
- see if there is a newer bios that mentions improved performance in the notes
- go to mobo site and install latest drivers for lan, storage, intel mgmt engine, usb, audio
- use DDU in safe mode to uninstall gpu driver then clean install
- don’t use geforce experience
- set windows power to max performance
- set nvidia control panel to max power

Edit: dont use vsync in nvidia panel or in game - use nvidia fast sync instead (not perfect but better than the lag of vsync)
So, I'm not completely sure what is going on here. There shouldn't be a problem in any game at 1080p. What are the rest of your system specifications? Specifically how much RAM and your hard drive configuration, HHD or SSD.

I'm thinking that there may be either a storage bottleneck, where things slow down as game assets try to load, or a configuration error. Your FPS doesn't seem to be the problem here. Everything should be playable at those frame rates with no slowdowns.

Bring up the performance monitor in task manager, right-click and select logical cores. Stretch it to almost fill the screen. Play a game that you know slows down for a few minutes - as soon as it drops, tab over and how many (if any) of your cores are at 100% and if any spikes to 100 coincide with the drop.

Repeat for gpu to help determine where the issue is. Also need to make sure your cpu is sustaining its max clock rate.

Jul 14, 2018

i have 4 x 2 gb of ram and also a hhd hard drive i think.

Jul 14, 2018

i think the problem in here is my software and not the hardware as my hardware are compatible.

What are the results of the test I recommended?

Here are things to try:
- see if there is a newer bios that mentions improved performance in the notes
- go to mobo site and install latest drivers for lan, storage, intel mgmt engine, usb, audio
- use DDU in safe mode to uninstall gpu driver then clean install
- don’t use geforce experience
- set windows power to max performance
- set nvidia control panel to max power

Edit: dont use vsync in nvidia panel or in game - use nvidia fast sync instead (not perfect but better than the lag of vsync)

Solution