Is 256 gb SSD enough?

Dejvas

Commendable
Jun 22, 2017
Is 256 gb of SSD enough for windows and few games and will there be impact in speed of SSD if its full?

Solution
I had Windows 10, GTA V and War Thunder on my SSD that was a 256 and still had room for various testing programs, montoring programs, a few hundred hi res pics taken with my phone and stand alone camera. With all of that I still had 22 gigs free on my SSD and it did not slow it down enough for me to notice. Personally games on an SSD is only an advantage on load times and honestly if you have a decent 7200 hdd its really not worth over loading your SSD for a few seconds on a game load.

Gadhar

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
I had Windows 10, GTA V and War Thunder on my SSD that was a 256 and still had room for various testing programs, montoring programs, a few hundred hi res pics taken with my phone and stand alone camera. With all of that I still had 22 gigs free on my SSD and it did not slow it down enough for me to notice. Personally games on an SSD is only an advantage on load times and honestly if you have a decent 7200 hdd its really not worth over loading your SSD for a few seconds on a game load.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

1. For a 256GB drive, you do not want to go past 200GB actual used space.

2. Is a 256GB drive "enough"? That depends on your usage and games.
Some current games approach 100GB, or even more if you include DLC. A single 250GB drive doesn't go far with that.