Upstanding
Mar 16, 2018
Hello,
i want to buy gtx 1070, but im just little bit confuse what CPU should i use :
Ryzen 1500x
Ryzen 2600
I5 8400
or just pick 8700
Because i've seen on Youtube, gtx 1070 have 20% performance's increase while using Intel Cpu( Esepecially 8700k). Is that true? (i don't wanna use 2700 tbh, the core count too overkill for me).

Note* ( i need performance but still on budget, but if Intel 8700 give more fps, perhaps i can pick 8700) but this price still too much.

Solution
AMD CPUs are still a step behind Intel CPUs. But they should perform very similar in gaming. Some titles might be 20% faster on Intel CPUs but in general they should be very close.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-2600x,5579-9.html

Click one chart to the right and look at the CPU cost/performance graph. The more to the right you are, the higher the performance. The farthest right CPU is the 8700K at 4.9GHz. But just behind it to the left, and lower meaning they are cheaper, are the 7700K and the 2700X and 1800X. Reality is all four of these CPUs are fast and I doubt anyone could tell the difference between them if they didn't know. If they are cheaper and allow you to spend more money on the GPU I'd get one.

4745454b

Titan
AMD CPUs are still a step behind Intel CPUs. But they should perform very similar in gaming. Some titles might be 20% faster on Intel CPUs but in general they should be very close.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-2600x,5579-9.html

Click one chart to the right and look at the CPU cost/performance graph. The more to the right you are, the higher the performance. The farthest right CPU is the 8700K at 4.9GHz. But just behind it to the left, and lower meaning they are cheaper, are the 7700K and the 2700X and 1800X. Reality is all four of these CPUs are fast and I doubt anyone could tell the difference between them if they didn't know. If they are cheaper and allow you to spend more money on the GPU I'd get one.

Solution

ikaz

Distinguished
Really depends on what your want to spend and what you plan on doing, if you just want good gamer PC then the I5 8400 is a great setup with 1070 (actually my configuration). If you plan to use applications(like encoding for example) that can better take advantage of multicore I would suggest going with the Ryzen 2600.