2017 Prey wants the old prey

Aug 6, 2018
2017 Prey wants the old prey. I bought 2017 prey last year and when I was loading it, it say put is the old prey and again this year and the same thing. I bought is from different companies but that didn't matter. So why is Prey 2017 just an upgrade from Prey?

Solution
You can't have both the 2006 Prey and 2017 Prey installed at the same time, at least if you are using the default directories. They both map to the 'Prey' games folder and can cause conflicts like this. If you want to play 2017 Prey you have to uninstall 2006 Prey. It's a dumb oversight from the developers of the new game combined with the stupid practice of not giving your reboot a unique name.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
There was a recent DLC for 2017's "Prey" that came out not too long ago called "Prey: Mooncrash". Supposedly you can install/play Mooncrash without the 2017 Prey being installed. I don't have Mooncrash so I can't confirm if that's actually the case or not.

You can't have both the 2006 Prey and 2017 Prey installed at the same time, at least if you are using the default directories. They both map to the 'Prey' games folder and can cause conflicts like this. If you want to play 2017 Prey you have to uninstall 2006 Prey. It's a dumb oversight from the developers of the new game combined with the stupid practice of not giving your reboot a unique name.

Solution