Help with 900-1000$ gaming PC build.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
My friend is looking to build a pc for 1k$. Mostly for warcraft now. But will be playing star citizen and likely some games like battlefield. Looking for a good all around build that should last a while. Here's what I threw together quick. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/FrostyFresh/saved/tKz7WZ
Any suggestions? He does like the intel i5 over AMD. So unless there is a good reason I am trying to stick with that. Also I'm fairly sure you can use win10 without a product ID. Is this true? Or should he buy that now instead of waiting?

Solution
then 8600k, H5 cooler and Z370 Extreme 4 MB then, will push to 144FPS easily, better than 8400 if he builds now. I will wait for 9th gen Intel to come out later this year.
Does he have 1080p 144hz monitor? 1070 Totally overkill for WOW.
The build will work well but I may drop the cooler and get a better psu. S12II is solid old design but lack some protections and not DC-DC. I will get Corsair CX550 instead.
Not sure about the case...
Does he stream or multitasking? Ryzen 2600 will be close in gaming but much better in those usage.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Yeah I know it's over kill for wow. And the case is really just for the price example. He has a high end case. He is going to use. And switch out the parts. That's a good point about the monitor. I'm going to ask him now. Thank you those are things to think about.