250 gb wd blue ssd in m.2 slot not showing up

Aug 28, 2018
I got a setup second hand with a gigabyte z370 aorus ultra gaming mb, which has a 240 gb wd green ssd with the operating system loaded on it and a 500 gb Samsung 850 evo ssd and a Toshiba 2tb hdd. these all work but theres also a 250 gb wd blue ssd in the m.2 slot on the mb that doesn't show up in the bios or windows. how can I get this ssd to show up or determine if it even works

Solution
The 250gb blue m.2 drive that I'm aware of uses a sata interface. Your motherbd may have a restriction with another sata port that you have in use or maybe a bios setting to toggle between nvme & sata modes on the m.2 slot. Your motherbd has two slots that support sata based m2 drives, please read your manual and make sure its in the right slot.

popatim

Titan
The 250gb blue m.2 drive that I'm aware of uses a sata interface. Your motherbd may have a restriction with another sata port that you have in use or maybe a bios setting to toggle between nvme & sata modes on the m.2 slot. Your motherbd has two slots that support sata based m2 drives, please read your manual and make sure its in the right slot.

Solution