RX 570 black screen.

Hi, so i bought a used graphics card and for some reason when i put it in and hooked it up computer would turn on and stay on and fans would be going, even the Radeon rx 570 sapphire pulse itx which is the newer card im having problems withs fan even goes but the monitor gets no display it just goes into sleep mode (yellow light) basically black screen. Please help i wanna try out my games with higher graphics :D

Currently have

------------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 8300
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/17/11 11:18:49 Ver: 04.06.04
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12270MB RAM

PSU: EVGA 750 g3 gold

DirectX Version: DirectX 11
14 answers Last reply
More about 570 black screen
  1. What GPU's have you worked with? Your post looks like you have two cards at your disposal. On another note, what card were you using prior to the two stated? You may also want to verify if you're being able to boot into OS GUI while still having a black screen. You can do so by having your audio equipment turned on and see if you get to boot screen and teh startup music play.

    If you can get to GUI albeit with a black screen then you
    a| either have a dead GPU
    or
    b| your platform has an incompatible UEFI BIOS environment which is why you're seeing a black screen
  2. At the moment i have a amd 6670 hd card in there. its 6 years old an figured it was time to upgrade. I bought the rx 570 second hand an was hoping to get it working tonight. Also does it matter when i put the dvi cable in to the card the screen goes black on boot up? like nothing comes up. it goes dark. same with hdmi. but i'll try and listen to see if it still get to gui
  3. I would either swap cables or use a different connection like VGA or hdmi.

    It sounds like there may be a short or bad connection in the cable or output on the GPU. Boot into bios using onboarding and verify pci settings. Also plug in all hardware and cables then boot verify monitor isn't on wrong input. Cable could not be complaint as well so swapping would test that.

    Did you test the card before buying it? Like even that the previous owner could boot and launch a game for 5 mins? Always do at that in the future.
  4. DanKem06 said:
    I would either swap cables or use a different connection like VGA or hdmi.

    It sounds like there may be a short or bad connection in the cable or output on the GPU. Boot into bios using onboarding and verify pci settings. Also plug in all hardware and cables then boot verify monitor isn't on wrong input. Cable could not be complaint as well so swapping would test that.

    Did you test the card before buying it? Like even that the previous owner could boot and launch a game for 5 mins? Always do at that in the future.



    Well i'll try booting into bios verify pci, also to answer the earlier question when i booted up i waited for the gui sound apon entering my password and heard no sound when the rx 570 was in so tested that. I am however going to buy a vga cable to use for the monitor an onboard video and install the card drivers while the card is in. also for the rx 570 it only has a dvi slot an hdmi which both do not send a signal to the monitor while turning on the computer.

    If any of you have any more ideas for me to try im all eye's.
  5. There is an issue with Legacy BIos vs UEFI.

    For some reasons AMD RX cards can not work in XPS 8300, NVIDIA can.

    This GTX 1060 was reported to work on XPS 8300 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZYPEHK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Confirmation is here https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/XPS-8300-MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-6GB-works/td-p/5089302

    GTX 1050TI https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MG0ZJRO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_KBEGybQDW0BZV
    confirmation here https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/Dell-XPS-8300-video-card-upgrade/td-p/4541351/page/2

    Make it easier NVIDIA GTX 1000 series supported for sure http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Dell-XPS-8300/1296
    I saw only AMD R9 series in that list, none of RX - not supported

    Your BIOS should be A06, if it is not https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=R318123
  6. Lutfij said:
    What GPU's have you worked with? Your post looks like you have two cards at your disposal. On another note, what card were you using prior to the two stated? You may also want to verify if you're being able to boot into OS GUI while still having a black screen. You can do so by having your audio equipment turned on and see if you get to boot screen and teh startup music play.

    If you can get to GUI albeit with a black screen then you
    a| either have a dead GPU
    or
    b| your platform has an incompatible UEFI BIOS environment which is why you're seeing a black screen


    So basically I need uefi and not bios?
  7. Verify your version with the link below. You might already have it and just need to enable UEFI boot in bios. If you are behind in update follow the directions.

    Here is a how to:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=R318123
  8. Oh, and previous statement may be true as I found a lot about your mobo not supporting UEFI but I didnt read all the way through. If so, just go by a motherboard that fits your tower or I would recommend buying a new tower too. You can get both for $100 or less.
  9. DanKem06 said:
    Verify your version with the link below. You might already have it and just need to enable UEFI boot in bios. If you are behind in update follow the directions.

    Here is a how to:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=R318123 (you just copied my previous link?)

    Verify your version with the link below. You might already have it and just need to enable UEFI boot in bios. If you are behind in update follow the directions.


    UEFI BIOS is version A07 (for newer XPS 8500), however the last BIOS version for XPS 8300 is Legacy A06 https://www.dell.com/community/Storage-Drives-Media/XPS8300-4TB-internal-drives-Is-UEFI-supported-on-this-model/td-p/4661385

    Nothing can be done here, sorry.
  10. DanKem06 said:
    Oh, and previous statement may be true as I found a lot about your mobo not supporting UEFI but I didnt read all the way through. If so, just go by a motherboard that fits your tower or I would recommend buying a new tower too. You can get both for $100 or less.


    What motherboard would you recommend for this tower?
  11. paulkilpinen said:
    DanKem06 said:
    Oh, and previous statement may be true as I found a lot about your mobo not supporting UEFI but I didnt read all the way through. If so, just go by a motherboard that fits your tower or I would recommend buying a new tower too. You can get both for $100 or less.


    What motherboard would you recommend for this tower?


    You are aware that you will need also Windows OS copy as well?
    You can not use Dell Windows OS serial (even if you are able to extract it) on Non Dell Motherboard! Or you can do a mild upgrade and get XPS 8500 motherboard for cheap (most likely compatible swap), which will come with embeded Dell Windows OS serial (however, no one knows which version of Win OS it will have).

    So, what is your choice?
  12. If you decide to go with XPS 8500 motherboard, you can transfer everything there from XPS 8300, even CPU https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/Dell-XPS-8500-I5-upgrade/td-p/4145175
  13. This is proof that XPS 8500 can work with AMD RX Family

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6045952

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3530526

    So, my idea here is to salvage as much as possible and save $$$.

    Most likely Dell proprietary connectors will work in this swap. If you decide to go with non Dell motherboard, you would need a new case due to those connectors.
  14. Kisianik said:
    This is proof that XPS 8500 can work with AMD RX Family

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6045952

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3530526

    So, my idea here is to salvage as much as possible and save $$$.

    Most likely Dell proprietary connectors will work in this swap. If you decide to go with non Dell motherboard, you would need a new case due to those connectors.


    Thanks Dude.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards