Best RX 580 option?

lamorey.joshua

Prominent
Jun 11, 2018
I am going to buy a RX 580 this week and want some help choosing the best brand/type. I'm currently trying to decide between,

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+
or
MSI VGA Graphic Card RX Armor 8g

Does anyone know the difference between these two cards? They're both now in range of my GPU budget ($250) and I have a freesync monitor so I want to stick with AMD.

Here are my specs. Build a APU build this past spring:

Ryzen 5 2400g
B350 MSI Tomahawk mobo
16 gig 3200hz Vengeance RAM
500w Corsair PSU

Solution
From what I'd seen, the MSI Armor can be hit or miss where cooling is concerned.

As far as the Sapphire, as I've seen it, they have some of the most efficient cooling among all of their cards. With a good deal of the XFX card reviews I've seen, the vast majority of the low-rated reviews have been due to overheating. Of those three, with your power supply, I'd suggest the Sapphire.

lamorey.joshua

Prominent
Jun 11, 2018

It's a Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply. Does this sound ok?

lamorey.joshua

Prominent
Jun 11, 2018
I also see this card. Really not sure what the differences are.

Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC with Backplate (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card Graphic Cards

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
From what I'd seen, the MSI Armor can be hit or miss where cooling is concerned.

As far as the Sapphire, as I've seen it, they have some of the most efficient cooling among all of their cards. With a good deal of the XFX card reviews I've seen, the vast majority of the low-rated reviews have been due to overheating. Of those three, with your power supply, I'd suggest the Sapphire.

Solution