I5 8400 or I3 8100, confused!

Sep 1, 2018
Hello people, I'm typing again.
Next week going to buy new PC, so I'm confused about what to buy...

I want to play LoL, Warcraft, PUBG and doing some graphic design, programs like Photoshop, in Design, lightroom

Have two option, but if u guys have some other options just type.

First option:
I3 8100 - 110euro
Z370 Asus - 120euro
WD10EZEX - 60euro
2x4gb ddr4 Kingston Fury 2666MHz - 95euro

Or

I5 8400 - 165euro
H310M-K Asus - 70euro
WD10EZEX - 60euro
2x4gb ddr4 2666MHz - 95euro

I'm thinking to buy for 4-5months gtx 1050.

And please tell me is this monitor good?
https://imtec.ba/monitori/33228-aoc-m2470swda2-23-6-led-monitor-4038986145206.html

ALL THE BEST!

Solution
Neither of those boards requires a Z370 motherboard, since they are both locked processors. You could save some money going with an H or B series Coffee lake motherboard unless you definitely plan on upgrading to an unlocked CPU later in order to overclock.

What is your full budget, exactly WHICH parts do you REQUIRE for the new build and what country are you in? Perhaps I can help pick out a better assortment of parts that will make the most of your money.
Neither of those boards requires a Z370 motherboard, since they are both locked processors. You could save some money going with an H or B series Coffee lake motherboard unless you definitely plan on upgrading to an unlocked CPU later in order to overclock.

What is your full budget, exactly WHICH parts do you REQUIRE for the new build and what country are you in? Perhaps I can help pick out a better assortment of parts that will make the most of your money.

Solution
That is the single core boost speed. All of the advertised boost speeds are for single core performance on all CPUs. They don't tell you that the ALL core boost speed is somewhat lower than the single core speed. Doesn't really matter what board it is, if the CPU has boost capability, it will boost SFAIK. Never seen anything to the contrary.

As far as overclocking, no, neither of those CPUs has an unlocked multiplier so, while it MIGHT be possible to get a minor overclock using the BLCK frequency, it's usually not worth the effort these days.

If you decide to go with the i5-8400, I'd probably recommend an H370 board. You can go with a B series board as well, but it really depends on what features you require. What is your case model? That is somewhat important as you don't want to order an ATX motherboard for a case that only supports micro-ATX form factors.

Do you NOT know what model your case is? It's rather important that you get a motherboard that is going to fit the case. As I said, if you have a case with a micro-ATX form factor, or if your current system is a prebuilt with a proprietary form factor like a lot of Dell, HP and other prebuilt systems are, you may end up with a board that doesn't fit well, or at all.

If you know the form factor or model number of your current motherboard, that would probably be good enough, but knowing the actual case or prebuilt system model number would be a lot more helpful.

Sep 1, 2018
Oh i can link my motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-H310M-K/

Understand my friend, well i'm building alone my pc, so its not HP or anything else, im gonna buy all components one per one.

And i5 8400 is good for future? Bcs i want a PC for maybe next 4-5year

All the best

So you don't already have a case? You are going to be getting a brand new case? If so, then you can use any compatible motherboard that supports your CPU, size won't be as important. If you are going to go with that motherboard though, realize that that is a micro-ATX motherboard and it is not going to have as many features as a full size ATX motherboard.

It will not have as many USB outputs, it will not have as many PCI slots, it will not have as many case fan headers. In fact, that board ONLY has two fan headers. ONE for the CPU, and ONE for ALL the other case fans. So if you plan to use more than one case fan, which would be a really good idea, then you are going to either want to get an ATX motherboard that has enough fan headers for the number of fans you are planning to run, or a case that has a built in fan hub so that you can connect the one fan header to that and the fans to the fan hub, OR you will want to buy a separate fan controller that will let you connect more fans.

If you can avoid getting a micro-ATX (mATX or any motherboard model that has M after the chipset number, like H310M, Z370M, etc.) you would be a lot better off and end up with a lot more features and options. Micro ATX boards are extremely limited.

They are good for small builds, but they are not rich in features and they lack having very many connectors for things like USB ports, internal SATA headers, they have fewer memory slots. I really would avoid doing that if possible. If it's all you can do, then fine, but I'd advise against it whenever possible. Keep in mind though that also means you will need a regular mid tower ATX case. A cheaper micro ATX case won't work for a full size ATX motherboard.

Sep 1, 2018
Big thanks mate, you helped me alot, thanks for your time and long answers!
I'm gonna avoid mATX motherboard and buy the other one with more features, so i can be fine in future.
I wish you all the best!