3000 MHZ Ram not running at anything over 2133 mhz

Sep 8, 2018
First of all, my specs
Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Ryzen 7 2700x
4 x 8 gb Gskill trident z 3000mhz
EVGA 1080ti SC2

Problem: I had 2 x 8 gb of my curreny RAM running just fine at 3000mhz but upon inserting the 2 new sticks of the same exact specs, my pc will fail to boot twice and proceed to reset memory settings due to boot failure. Anything higher than 2133 MHZ will cause the same problems, any idea what to do? I've looked into popular solutions but none seemed to help. please let me know what I can do and if i left anything out, thanks

Solution
Those two RAM kits were not tested to work together, even though they appear to be similar. The IC chips might come from different manufactures.
That's why they default to that speed. You could manually try 2400MHz, 2600MHz. 2800MHZ or even 2933MHz, but it's not guaranteed.
To be sure that RAM will work together you will have to buy RAM kits like you did with your 2x 8 GB kit.
Make sure to check for BIOS updates which could improve RAM compability.

Those two RAM kits were not tested to work together, even though they appear to be similar. The IC chips might come from different manufactures.
That's why they default to that speed. You could manually try 2400MHz, 2600MHz. 2800MHZ or even 2933MHz, but it's not guaranteed.
To be sure that RAM will work together you will have to buy RAM kits like you did with your 2x 8 GB kit.
Make sure to check for BIOS updates which could improve RAM compability.

Solution
I don't think ASUS was ever successful at getting four 3000MHz DIMMs running at their rated speed on that motherboard. Just look at their Memory QVL for that motherboard. They were only able to get up to 6 models of the tested 21 models of DDR4 2800 memory modules running with four DIMMs at their rated speed.