i5-8400/ASUS Prime Z370-P memory support

Luke56

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Does the Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 2666 MHz CL15 8 Gt (2 x 4 Gt) (HX426C15FBK2/8) support the Z370-P (or i5-8400)?

According to the motherboards manufacturers compatibility file, it supports the RAM, and it supports the 8400 as well, but when I checked Kingstons website, they say the RAM is "Optimised for Intel’s X99 chipset", as well as others like "HyperX Quad channel memory for new Ivy Bridge-E platforms" and "Supports new Haswell refresh and Devil's Canyon platforms"

Now I just want to make sure the RAM works with the chipset of the motherboard (or is it the processor? I'm just confused), which I thought is Z370, which isn't even mentioned anywhere on Kingstons site on the RAM
Any ideas?

Solution
Intel memory controller is not very picky about ram.
Most any DDR4 ram is going to work.

It is the motherboard that determines what ram is supported.
Since the named ram is on the motherboard QVL list, you are ok.

DDR4 ram has not changed much and references to X99 and quad channel are of no importance.
All ram in Z370 motherboards will operate in dual channel mode regardless if you nave 2 sticks in a kit or 4. A 2 stick kit will usually be cheaper.
Intel memory controller is not very picky about ram.
Most any DDR4 ram is going to work.

It is the motherboard that determines what ram is supported.
Since the named ram is on the motherboard QVL list, you are ok.

DDR4 ram has not changed much and references to X99 and quad channel are of no importance.
All ram in Z370 motherboards will operate in dual channel mode regardless if you nave 2 sticks in a kit or 4. A 2 stick kit will usually be cheaper.

Solution

Luke56

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014

Alright, thanks a lot

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Yes the memory is fully compatible with your setup , good choice. :)