Will GT 710 2 GB passive silent will work on my optiplex 3010?

Sep 19, 2018
I was there thinking of buying a new graphic card but don't know which one to buy.I searched on Google but all it said you will need a 16 PCIe and not too powerful card.

Solution
Even the 3010 is going to have a 3rd gen Intel processor. It could be one without graphics though.

But if you are gaming, then you want an RX550 or GTX1050 as a minimum. You could drop down to GT1030 or GT740 or Radeon 530. The problem with buying the cheapest cards is that you are usually only $20 away from getting double the performance.

Those cards are all below the 75W limit of a PCIe slot and don't require power connectors directly from the power supply, which you don't often find in OEM computers.

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
I agree with Eximo, if you just want to save your system RAM or add monitor connections, use the 710, if you want better performance, any CPU in the last few years will have better performance.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Even the 3010 is going to have a 3rd gen Intel processor. It could be one without graphics though.

But if you are gaming, then you want an RX550 or GTX1050 as a minimum. You could drop down to GT1030 or GT740 or Radeon 530. The problem with buying the cheapest cards is that you are usually only $20 away from getting double the performance.

Those cards are all below the 75W limit of a PCIe slot and don't require power connectors directly from the power supply, which you don't often find in OEM computers.

Solution

mgallo848

Commendable
The easiest way to answer this is:

If you're going to play games on it, the GTX 710 will not work. It is simply not powerful enough for that.
If you're going to do simple things like Facebook, browsing the internet then yes, it will be fine.