i5 3470 to i7 3770k upgrade

Sep 27, 2018
Hello guys, will i see any significant boost of performance after this upgrade?
Hello guys,
Will i see any significant boost after this upgrade?
I mostly playing cs go semi pro so im just looking for stable 300+ fps.

GIGABYTE B75M-D2V (LGA 1155)
I5 3470
Nvidia Gtx 760
8gig DDR3.
1tb HDD
Windows 7
24" 1080p/144hz monitor

If i won't, what other CPU do you recommend?
Thanks for further info :)
Edit: monitor 1080p

Solution
Very likely. Easy to check, fire up some monitoring tools that will show you CPU usage and FPS in game. You should see a correlation.

250 FPS is likely when no other players are on the screen, or when looking at very simple areas of the map. You would want to target when they are and when you can see lots of the map.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Certainly a faster CPU, but still about 30-40% slower than an equivalent new model processor. I wouldn't think a GTX760 could push 2560x1440p that well, even with CS:GO.

So if you are wanting that FPS at 1440p, I think you should consider replacing all of it. GTX1070Ti and an i5-8600k or something like that. Depending on what you have to spend.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Even at 1080p I have my doubts with the GTX760. Unless you are observing your CPU maxing out to deliver whatever FPS you are getting now, then it is the GTX760 that is the limit. Even with a faster CPU, you may still hit an FPS limit with the GPU.

Without a budget or some baseline, not really sure. The little looking I did showed an average of 120FPS with a GTX760 at 1080p for CS:GO, but the settings were all over the place I am sure.

Sep 27, 2018
The thing is that i have around 250 fps jumping all the time 150 or even 90.
It doesn't matter what settings i have, I still have the same amount of fps, whether everything is on high or low.
Is it because my CPU cant handle it?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Very likely. Easy to check, fire up some monitoring tools that will show you CPU usage and FPS in game. You should see a correlation.

250 FPS is likely when no other players are on the screen, or when looking at very simple areas of the map. You would want to target when they are and when you can see lots of the map.

Solution