I7 3770 into new case. Not running.

Sep 28, 2018
I moved everything from my old build into a new case. I got a new 1060 GB and a new PSU (corsair 550).

Used my old 1tb HD and my i7 3770.

When I connected all the dots the mobo fan doesn't spin. Nor does the pc really turn "on". But I do get solid LED lights on the power button etc.

Its not the psu because I moved everything back into old build and get the same "lights are on nobodys home". Just a solid on light. Which I can't interact with btw.

I've tried to short the mobo using the butter knife...nothing..

So yeah. New build. Mobo not working.

Solution
look to see if there a dead short. pull the gpu and one ram stick. put the mb ontop of a box and see if it posts using the onboard i7 video chip. see if the old and new power supply after you clear the cmos does anything. one word of warning if both power supply have removable cables you can use cable a on power supply b. if you did you may have fried the power supply and mb.
look to see if there a dead short. pull the gpu and one ram stick. put the mb ontop of a box and see if it posts using the onboard i7 video chip. see if the old and new power supply after you clear the cmos does anything. one word of warning if both power supply have removable cables you can use cable a on power supply b. if you did you may have fried the power supply and mb.

Solution